🌾7🌾

"Welcome to our first meeting of the semester! While I'm familiar with some of you-" Precious looked at me, "-I'll like us to go around introducing ourselves. Does anyone want to start?"

I rose my hand. "I'll go. I'm Aimee. I'm a freshman, and uhh...I'm really glad to be a part of this club."

Precious smiled. "It's great to have you, Aimee! Care to share why you decided to join this club?"

Not really, no.

I shrugged. "I love cooking."

Miguel said, "In other words, you're here for the food like the rest of us."

Laughter echoed through the room.

I forced a smile onto my face. "I guess so." Why the fuck does he have to be in the club as well?

Following my lead, other members of the club introduced themselves. After that, Precious gave a brief explanation on how the club would run - every two weeks, some members of the club would choose a certain recipe of their choosing, which the rest of us would help prepare.

After giving space for questions, Precious let us go. Sadly, despite my efforts to make it out of the room as quickly as possible, Miguel caught me before I made it out.

Falling into step beside me, he grinned. "What's up?"

I shrugged. "Just heading out."

"What a coincidence, so am I! I guess we have no choice but to head out together, no?"

"No."

"So, where are we headed now?"

"Back to my dorms."

"Great!" He continued following along.

I furrowed my brow. "You're not invited."

He grinned. "Who says I'm coming in? There's no harm in having an escort, right?"

I stopped walking. "Oh, there's no need to bother yourself."

"Good thing it's not a bother then." He gestured ahead of me. "Shall we?"

Great.

I started walking again, at a quicker pace than I had before. He matched it.

"How's your time here been so far?"

"Alright."

"Good, good. Any trouble making friends?"

"Not really."

"If you ever need someone to hang out with, I'm available."

"Thanks, but I'm good."

He winked at me. "Well, come to me when you want to upgrade to better."

I rolled my eyes. Despite myself, I smiled. That was corny as fuck. "I'll keep that in mind. By the way, I'm surprised to see you sober."

"Only 'cause I can't walk around campus drunk, sadly. Don't worry, I'll be drunk in about a few hours from now. Wanna drop by my apartment and check on me then?"

"No thanks, I'll take your word for it."

"Well, if you ever change your mind-"

A male voice cut him off. "Yo, Miguel!"

Miguel turned, peering at the distant figure that had called him. "Oh shit, I'll be right there!"

He looked back at me, sighing. "I've got to cut this short-"

"Oh, I understand. Please, don't let me keep you waiting!"

"Alright." He opened his arms, spreading them out towards me.