🌱18🌱

Jack and his guys were at the other side of the street, across from the parlor. They jeered when they saw me, but I flipped them off and stormed away.

"Aimee, wait!"

Fucking Miguel.

Without slowing, I yelled, "Fuck off!"

He jogged up to me, then matched my pace. "I know you're mad-"

"Oh, that's an understatement! I want to kill Jack."

"Woah, that's a strong statement-"

"I mean it." I stopped moving, glaring at him. "If I had a knife on hand, I would have gladly stabbed him in his stupid face!"

He backed up a bit, raising his hands. "Okay, point taken. But can you maybe wait until we get somewhere more private than a sidewalk before you yell about wanting to murder someone?"

I rose an eyebrow, scoffing. "We?"

"Well-"

"Miguel, what do you want?"

"Uh-" His words caught in his throat.

I growled. "Well?"

He swallowed, then cleared his throat. "Well I, uh, wanted to apologize. I didn't think this would happen-"

"Really? Well, maybe don't go screaming into random people's ears next time."

"You're not just a random person."

"So what am I then? We barely know each other." I scoffed. "Just because we fucked once doesn't mean we're besties."

His face flushed. "Yes, of course-"

"Oh, and I hope we're on the same page; that was a one-time thing. We're not going to become fuck buddies, so if that's why you're investing energy into apologizing, sorry to burst your bubble."

His expression fell to that of a kicked puppy's. He mumbled, "That's not why I'm here."

"Okay, so just the apology then. Noted, you can go now. Bye!"

Miguel looked away from me. After a moment of silence passed, I turned and walked away.

After a few moments, he shouted, "I'm sorry! I won't bother you again. And I'm sorry for the calls this morning."

I slowed my pace, furrowing my brow. What call-oh, so the number was his!

Scoffing again, I mumbled, "Figures."

. . .

It took me about twenty minutes to get back to my dorm room. By then, my rage had dissipated, leaving me with its consequences. I winced when I thought about the onlookers in the cafe watching me fly off the handle. Dropping onto my bed, I placed my hands on my face and groaned.

My face warmed when I remembered shoving Nabila. "Oh fuck."

I stood up and headed to her room, then softly knocked on the door. "Bila, are you in?"

There was no reply. I was about to knock again, then I realized that she was probably still out with Andre. I went back to my room, then texted her: 'I'm sorry for blowing up at you like that earlier.'

Minutes passed without a word from her. Fuck, she must be pissed at me. I don't blame her; I embarrassed her in front of Andre. Only god knows what they said about me after I left...

I bit my lip.

Right at that moment, I got a call. I brightened when I saw Angelo's caller ID, then answered the phone. "Hi."