🌾9🌾

Angelo arrived the next afternoon. Before he arrived, I'd spent about thirty minutes cleaning myself and my room up, then messed up my hair and threw on just a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

I let him knock on the door several times until he called, "Hello, anyone home?"

I walked over to the door and opened it. "Oh sorry, I didn't know it was you - I forgot you were coming over."

He furrowed his brow, smirking. "Really? Even though you left me all those calls and texts on Friday?"

"Yes, really."

I turned away, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me into an embrace.

"I missed you," he murmured.

I tensed. "Mmm." I'm sure you did.

I pulled away from him, even though a part of me wanted to keep my nose buried in his shirt, taking in his scent.

I walked over to my bed, sitting on it. He followed suit.

"So," I asked, "how was your weekend?"

He grinned. "Pretty good. Guess what?"

"What?"

"Hans dropped by on Friday!"

That's what you're so excited about? You didn't even consider him a friend in high school, you just hung out with him 'cause you liked how he kissed your ass!

I said, "He did?"

"Yup! I went clubbing with him and a few of his friends."

My heart rate quickened. "His friends?"

"He's friends with a few guys and girls at Milesford."

And girls...

"Ahh. So was it like a guy's night out?"

"Nah, some girls came along as well." His eyes lit up. "Speaking of which, I hooked up with one of them!"

My breath caught. Oh my god...he admitted it!

After a brief pause, I choked out, "O-oh?"

"Yeah, on Friday. We were touchy with each other in the club, then one thing led to another and we fucked."

My fingernails dug into my leg as I forced a smile on my face. "That's-that's great! Sounds like you had a fun Friday night."

"And Saturday night as well." Smiling, he sighed. "She's so fucking hot!"

Keep it together, keep it together, keep it together...

Angelo looked at my hands. I immediately loosened my grip.

He furrowed his brow. "Is something wrong?"

"Wh-what? No, of course not!" I forced a laugh. "I'm glad you had fun this weekend. Was the sex good?"

"I guess. I mean, it wasn't bad."

"So not 'never-forget-you' kind of sex?"

"Well...she gave me her IG and snap, so it's not like I'll never see her again."

That moment, he twisted the dagger that his words had buried in my heart.

I looked down at my hands, blinking rapidly. "O-oh. Well, that's good."

The room fell silent.

After a moment, he said, "Yeah. She goes to a college miles away from mine, so it's doubtful we'll see often. I'm certainly not going to drive hours to see her - that right is reserved solely for you."