💮17💮

Angelo left the following morning. Funny enough as if on cue, I received a text shortly after he left:

'Good morning, beautiful. Sleep well?'

I furrowed my brow when I realized that it had been sent by an unknown number. Frowning, I replied: 'Hey, I think you have the wrong number. Who's this?'

Shortly after, they replied: 'I'm speaking with Aimee, right?'

'Who's asking?'

'I take that as a yes ;)'

I huffed. 'Ok, but who is this?'

'I'm surprised you haven't guessed :P'

I frowned, furrowing my brow. 'Angelo?'

But why would he be texting this so soon after leaving? And with an unknown number at that?

The person replied: 'Angelo? Who's that, and why is he texting my bae?'

I rolled my eyes, tossing my phone away. "I don't have time for this shit."

. . .

I went to shower shortly after. The next time I checked my phone, I was met with two missed calls from the unknown number. Despite that, whoever was behind it still hadn't confirmed who they were. I sighed exasperatedly, then blocked it.

I finished getting ready for the day, then headed to class. After the class ended, as I was heading back to my dorms, I called Nabila.

When she picked up, she said, "Hi, what's up?"

I asked, "Are you free now?"

"Yes, why?"

"I'm bored. Do you wanna go somewhere?"

"Sure, where do you have in mind?"

"I'm not sure, we can decide it as we walk around."

"Alright."

I smiled. "Great! I'll see you in a bit."

. . .

I met Andre, the guy who had danced with Nabila a few weeks before and hung out in her room, on my way to the dorm. We exchanged polite greetings and said little else. We split ways after we entered the dorm, but by then I'd already changed my plans for the afternoon.

I rushed into Nabila's room through our shared bathroom. She shrieked when I barged in, dropping the handheld console she had been playing. "Aimee, knock next time! You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, sorry!" Grinning, I added, "So um, forget about the walk."

Nabila's brows rose. "What? Why?"

"Well...let's just say that you'll be having a visitor in a bit."

"What? Who?"

"Oh, you'll see!"

"Stop!" Nabila groaned. "Just tell me."

I giggled. "I'm surprised you haven't guessed."

Her brow furrowed and remained so for a while, then her eyes widened. "Wait, don't tell me that Andre-"

"Ding ding ding!"

"Oh my god!" Nabila leaped from her bed, dashing to her door and locking it.

I burst out laughing. "Why-why are you locking the door?"

"Because-" She tugged at the t-shirt and sweatpants she wore, "-I'm not dressed well enough to see him!"

"Wouldn't you have followed me out like this?"