💮24💮

The following morning, I woke up to a text from Miguel:

'Hey, really sorry for having to leave you like that. When are you free? Lemme take you out.'

I rolled my eyes, murmuring, "So you can ditch me again? No thanks."

I opened an unread text that Angelo had sent. It read:

'Call me a bitch again, and I'll remind you who's the bitch in our dynamic next time I see you 😈.'

I smiled, biting my bottom lip as I replied, 'Whatever you say, bitch'.

. . .

Nabila kept her word: the next afternoon, she came knocking at my door, calling, "Aimee! I'm ready if you are!"

I had just gotten back from grocery shopping then. I groaned, then replied, "Not now, Bila! I've got some stuff I gotta do at the moment."

"Okay! When would be a better time for you?"

"Um...this evening? Six pm?"

"Sounds good; I'll set an alarm."

"I don't doubt that," I murmured before replying, "Okay!"

Shortly after, I went to the kitchen to make myself pasta. As it was boiling, Precious walked into the kitchen, smiling when she saw me. "Hey, good thing I caught you here!"

I looked away from my phone, replying, "What's up?"

"We have a club meeting set for this Friday, but I'm not sure how many people will be around for it since break starts then: will you be around?"

I nodded.

"Great! I'll confirm with the others and let you know if there's any change in plans. Later!"

. . .

Honestly, I had forgotten that I had scheduled plans with Nabila by the time evening rolled around. Luckily, I didn't feel like exercising, so I got back from the gym earlier than I would have otherwise. I took a shower after arriving at my dorms.

Barely a minute after I'd finished and gone back to my room, there was a knock on my door. Nabila sang, "It's time!"

Shit!

"Alright, gimme a few minutes."

Might as well get this over with.

I quickly made myself look presentable, then walked out of my room. Nabila was standing in front of my door, grinning broadly.

She clapped her hands together. "I've already set up my Xbox in the rec room: let's get going! By the way, do you mind if I livestream on Twitch as we play?"

I frowned. "Nabila, I'm not going to suck in front of your thousands of followers!"

"Oh, come on, you're not going to suck. I'll explain the game to you."

"No audience." I crossed my arms. "That's non-negotiable."

She sighed. "Alright. In that case, lucky you: we have the rec room all to ourselves."

. . .

Sadly, Nabila was wrong about that. We found Amelia and Emma in their bras and shorts in there, making out on the couch. Their shirts lay on the floor beside them. Nabila and I stopped in our tracks the moment we saw them. My nose crinkled.

They both looked at us. Amelia shot us a glare, then went back to making out with Emma.

Nabila mumbled to me, "Maybe we should come back later."