🌱23🌱

I waited for a few moments before I answered the call. My heart skipped a beat when Angelo's face popped up on the screen.

Grinning, he drawled, "Hi!"

I kept a straight face, although my heart was racing. "Hey. I'm surprised you called."

"Why wouldn't I? I missed seeing your cute face."

My face warmed. Despite myself, my lips tugged into a smile. "Whatever. How have you been?"

"Great! I recently discovered this bomb ass pizza place near me - at the rate that I'm ordering from there, I may end up getting fat." He smirked. "Don't worry; I'll ensure I hold on to this fit body for you. You're welcome."

I rolled my eyes. "How sweet of you. In that case, I'll drag you along with me to the gym if you do gain weight."

His brow furrowed. "You gym?"

I rolled my eyes. "Duh!"

"Figures. So who's your body goals?" Smirking, he wagged his eyebrows. "Kyra?"

The smile fell off my face. "Haha. You're quite the comedian, aren't you? I'm still pissed at you for comparing me to her."

Chuckling, he replied, "Chill! I honestly didn't mean anything by that comment."

I scoffed. "Sure."

"I'm serious. You're only taking this so hard because you're insecure about your body."

My face warmed. I looked away. Well damn!

After a bit, he asked, "Well?"

I grumbled, "Maybe I am a bit insecure." I mean, I constantly work on my physique so that I think I look manageable...

"See, I didn't say anything wrong! But you shouldn't be insecure, though."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Gee, thanks, I'm cured!"

He grinned sheepishly. "Okay, that was phrased badly. What I meant to say was...you're beautiful. I mean, you attract guys with no problem, and you've got me obsessed with you."

My face warmed once again as my stomach did flips. Looking away, I muttered, "Thanks, I appreciate you saying that."

"No problem. You're beautiful - never forget that!"

He's not wrong: I do get attention from guys easily. It's just keeping that attention that seems to be the problem...I mean, I couldn't even hold Miguel's attention enough for him to stay yesterday-

My brows slightly rose. Wait, Miguel! The art center! The pic; Angelo has seen it! I doubt he'll bring it up, though. How do I approach this?

After giving the predicament a bit more thought, I focused on Angelo, who had a smile on his face.

I forced my lips into a frown. "Come to think of it: you owe me a date."

"What?"

"You heard me! Art center visit; ring any bells?"

He frowned. "You mean the art center that you went to with that guy yesterday? If anything, you owe me a date!"

"Well, I didn't know that you wanted to go with me. If I did, I would have waited."

"Oh well, what is done is done." He sighed. "Honestly, I was a bit pissed when I saw that you'd gone with someone else without letting me know."

"Oh?" I struggled to keep a smile off my face. "I'm sorry to hear that."