【1】

The year is 2016

He never thought this would happen. What did happen? One moment he was opening the front door for an old friend and the next, he was outside his crushed home, staring down that so-called "old friend." Edd held onto Matt's arm as the two watched Tom aim for the robot. Tears streamed down their faces but somehow, Tom seemed to be unfazed. He growled under his breath and gripped the harpoon gun even tighter than he had it before. "C'mon..c'mon 'cmon.." he mumbled to himself as he tried to get in a good view of the red machinery in front of him. "Hurry Tom!" Matt exclaimed, "Hit him!" Tom nodded. Edd couldn't help but feel bad. All this time he spent avoiding Tom and talking with Tord. Tom was right. He always was. His thoughts were interrupted when Tom started shouting. He turned with a sudden interest, to see what would go down. "What's he doing?" Matt asked, "He's got a clear shot." Edd cracked a small smile. "He's making sure he sees him." he replied. Tom waved his arms in the air. "Hey!" he exclaimed, trying to get Tord's attention. Suddenly, the robot turned around and Tom could tell Tord was watching him. "How cute." Tord thought to himself. "So long old friends!" he exclaimed before turning back around. "You're not my friend!" Tom exclaimed. He then fired the gun, watching as the giant, metal harpoon flew into the air, hitting its target. He smiled to himself and shuffled over to Edd and Matt. Tord gasped as the harpoon shot right through his robot. "For faen!" he exclaimed in a panic. Warnings and sirens went off inside of the machine as she started to fall down. Plumitting down to the ground below him, Tord started to panic. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. This wasn't the plan at all! He was supposed to win! He was supposed to be victorious! Damn those stupid brits. Damn them to hell. As he got closer and closer, Tord braced for impact. Then suddenly, it went dark.
Edd slung Tom's arm around his shoulder and Matt followed. "M-Matt..your eye.." Tom pointed out. Matt shrugged. "Forget that." he said, "Are you okay?" Tom nodded. "Y-Yeah, I'm-" he was cut off when he started to cough violently. "C'mon," Edd started, "let's get you back inside.." he trailed off when he realized their home was indeed destroyed. Matt sighed and turned to Edd. "What do we do now?" he asked. Edd paused. What do they do now?

Backup came in. He didn't need friends, he needed obidient soldiers. "Finn ham og få ham ut av maskinen! Raskt, raskt!" one of the soldiers yelled. Tord couldn't tell who. His arms bled out and his vision became hazy. "Faen de briterne..." he mumbled. He tried to stand but broken parts and debris from the robot came collapsing down onto his left arm. He screamed in pain. That was it. He was sure he was going to die. Sighing to himself, Tord waited for his soldiers to rescue him. Je never liked looking weak. But in a matter of life or death, he couldn't have it his way all the time.
Sooner or later, Tord found himself back at the base. He was shirtless and strapped onto a stretcher. Doctors wrapped his chest in bandages and tried to stop the left portion of his torso to stop bleeding. It was then that Tord realized he couldn't see anything out of his left eye. He groaned softly. A doctor turned to him, then back at another doctor. "Han er våken!" he exclaimed, "Få Paul og ta ham hit! Hurry!" The other doctor nodded and left the room. Tord looked around. "Hva skjedde...? Hvor er armen min..?" he asked. The doctor shook his head. "Gå tilbake til sengs. Vi sender Paul mens du lå her." he replied. Tord nodded. It was always good to know that his employees were doing a good job.
Tom huffed as he brought the last box in. "Is that everything?" Edd asked, looking at the box in front of Tom. "That's everything. Mostly ash." Tom answered. Edd sighed. "Matt!" he called, "We're gonna need another jar!" He turned back to Tom. "So, how's your arm?" he asked. Tom shrugged. "It's working." he replied. Edd nodded.
"I'm gonna miss our old home."
"Same. Speaking of old home, where's Ringo?"
"She's with Matt."
Tom nodded. "Pass me a Cola™ psh?" he asked. Edd looked around and opened and box labeled, "Cola" and opened it. He took one out and tossed it to Tom. Tom smiled. "Thanks." he said. Edd smiled and nodded. "I told you he was bad." Matt stated, walking in. He set Ringo down and let her roam on the ground. "What? No you didn't." Edd protested. Matt hummed. "I did." he said. Edd rolled his eyes and smiled. Tom diverted his gaze, clearing his throat. "Spe-Speaking of which," he stuttered, "Matt, it's been a week since the incident, do you even remember what happened at all?" Matt shook his head. "Barely." he replied. "Tom, you know how he is when you bring up his memory." Edd hissed. Matt shrugged. "It's fine. I know I have short term, it's not like anything new to me." he muttered. Tom smirked. "See?" he asked before taking another sip of cola. Matt rummaged through the boxes and pulled out a slightly burned portrait of him. "Yes!" he exclaimed, "I'm still dashing." Edd let out a small giggle. Tom huffed. "Are we going to Jon's funeral?" he asked, "I feel like we're responsible for his death somehow." Edd nodded. "That's right. Maybe we should go." he replied, "But I'm not sure if Eduardo is gonna let us." Tom shrugged. "I wonder what Tord is doing right now.." Matt wondered aloud. Edd hummed. "Yeah. He's interedting to say the least." he agreed, "What about you Tom?" Tom blinked and set his Cola™ can down. "I uh..I don't know." he mumbled quietly. "You okay Tom?" Matt asked. Tom nodded. "Yeah, yeah.." he lied,

"I'm fine."