【24 - A】

As soon as they entered the garage, Matilda tied Tamara up and tried to assist to Ell's wounds. Tamara strained, trying to free herself from the strength of the ropes. "Let me fucking go!" she shouted. Ell sighed. "Make sure that rope is tight." she said, turned to Matilda. Matilda nodded and tightened the ropes. Tamara struggled. "Tam listen-" Ell said, being cut off by Tamara. "No! Never! Not after you did this to me!" she shouted. "Did what?" Ell asked.
"Don't play dumb with me!"
"Okay, first of all, stop screaming. Second, what did I do to you?"
Tamara stayed silent. Ell stared at him and sighed. "You did this to me." Tamara repeated quietly, "You ripped out my eyes and gave me this. You forced me to be like this just so you could throw me away." Ell gasped slightly. "Wha-Who told you this? I would never do something like that!" she exclaimed. Tamara turned and looked away from Ell. "Red Leader told me. She found me in a science lab where you left me." she replied. Ell scoffed. "That's a lie!" she exclaimed, "Tell me you don't believe this-you can't actually believe this!"
"Everything Red Leader tells me is true."
"No! No it's not! It's like she's got you under some kind of..."
Ell trailed off, staring at Tamara closely. Tamara stared back. A nasty scowl on her scarred face. Ell certainly didn't like that. What happened to Tamara? Her Tamara. Ell sighed. Tamara huffed. "Tamara, listen to me." she started, "I need you to snap out of it. You've done it before and you can do it again. It's me, Ell. Or Jamie, whatever you wanna call me. Please Tamara, I need you back. We need you back. No lie Tori tells you is true. Do you remember anything?" Tamara's expression softened. She sighed and slowly shook her head. "I took you in remember?" Ell asked, smiling softly, "When you came to my house and-and you didn't have a place to go." Tamara sat still for a second. She mumbled something under her breath. "What?" Ell asked. Tamara looked up at Ell. "Like...sisters?" she muttered even louder. Ell nodded. "Yeah." she replied. Tamara shook her head.
"You're lying. Y-You have to be."
"Tamara, I know you believe me. I can tell with that look on your face."
"N-No. I don't believe you."
"Tam-"
Ell paused when Matilda placed her hand on her shoulder. "She's gone." Matilda said, "Let's kill her and get it overwith." Ell scoffed. "No!" she exclaimed, "What's wrong with you?" Matilda smiled. "A lot of things." she answered. Ell shook her head. She stood up and took a small glance at Tamara. Tamara stared at the ground. Ell sighed sadly and walked away. Tamara looked up at Ell. She thought about what she said. Red Leader would never lie to her. Right? Red Leader loved her.

Unless she didn't.

Paula sighed and looked at the other soldiers. "Did you find at least any trace of them?" she asked. "No ma'am." one of the soldiers answered. Paula sighed. She knew Red Leader would be furious. Especially since she lost Tamara as well. "Let's head back to the base." Paula instructed. "We will continue tomorrow." The soldier nodded. "Yes ma'am." she replied
"You fucking lost them!?" Tori shouted. Paula nodded. "Y-Yes ma'am Red Leader ma'am." she answered. Tord slammed his hands on the desk. "I knew I should not have trusted him." he mumbled. She looked back at Paula. "Do you know what you have just done!?" shd shouted. Paula looked around nervously. "No ma'am..?" she answered. Tori grit her teeth. "You dumbass!" she screamed. She sat back down in her chair and rubbed her temple. "Red Leader ma'am?" Paula called. Tori looked at her. "Go." she said, "I do not wish to deal with you right now." "Yes ma'am Red Leader ma'am." Paula answered, saluting. She turned around to leave when Tori called her. She turned back around slowly. "Yes ma'am Red Leader ma'am?" she asked. "Jeg degraderer deg." Tori stated. Paula gasped quietly. "Sargent Patricia will be taking your place." Tori finished. Paula sighed quietly. "Y-Yes ma'am Red Leader ma'am.." she replied. Tori pointed to the door. "Out. Now." she ordered sternly. Paula swallowed hard. "Red Leader ma'am?" she called once again. Tori groaned. "What?!" she exclaimed.
"Tamara wanted me to tell you somehing."
"Make it quick."
"Hun sa at hvis hun ikke kom tilbake..vel..hun elsker deg."
Tori paused. Did she? Tori sighed and shook the thought out of her head. "Go." she said. Paula nodded and rushed out. Tori sighed. She took out the photo of her and Tamara. Looking back at it made Tori's heart hurt. She needed to forget about that. “I thought we were friends!” “Hah no! Who needs friends when I have this?!” Those distant memories didn't feel so distant anymore. Everything she wanted to forget, she needed to forget, was coming back. The start of it all. All of it was Tori's fault. She quickly opened one of the drawers and snatched her bottle of pills. There were only two left and Tori took them anyway. She groaned and lied her head on the desk.

The next day, Ell tried to get through to Tamara again. She crouched down in front of her and smiled. "Hi." she greeted. Tamara spit in her face. Ell wiped her face on Tamara's shirt and stood up. "Ikke prøv å friste meg med den dritten. Jeg vet at rød leder har rett, så du kan like godt slutte å prøve." Tamara said. Ell shook her head. "Okay, let's not do that. I can't understand you." she said. Tamara sighed. A heavy silence loomed across the room. Ell rubbed the back of her neck. She took a deep breath and stared into Tamara's virtual “eyes.” Which made her eyes sting because of how bright they were. "Do you not remember? Anything? We all went to the same school, shared stories, told secrets and all that. You can't just not remember." Ell said. Tamara's expression softened. "There...There was a photo." she muttered under her breath. "What?" Ell asked. Tamara looked up at Ell.
"There was a photo. Of me and Red Leader. O-Or someone who looked like me. She hid it and told me it was nothing to worry about."
"What did it look like?"
"..I was on her back. At a carnival or something. We looked...happy."
Ell paused. Since when did that ever happen? Though she and Tamara were long since through, she couldn't help but feel a small bit of jealousy at the bottom of her heart. She decided to brush that to the side however, she continued to speak. "You don't remember taking that photo? Like, at all?" she asked. Tamara shook her head. "I don't know if that's me. Or someone who looks like me." she replied, "Are you sure that what you're saying is true? I believe Red Leader but..when I remembered the photo and what you said, I'm not so sure what to think anymore." Ell placed her hand on Tamara's shoulder reassuringly. "You can trust me." she replied. Tamara hung her head and sighed sadly. Ell lifted her head by her chin. "Hey.." she spoke softly. Tamara gave her a worried look. The two stared at each other for what seemed like forever until Tamara felt a soft pair of lips against his own. Pulling away, Ell smiled slightly. "Ell?" Tamara called. "Yeah?" Ell answered.
"I'm sorry."
"It's okay."
Ell hugged Tamara and pat her back reassuringly.

"You're okay."