【17】

No more.
No more failed escapes. No more running. No more hiding. No more waiting for someone to save him. Edd was going to escape on his own. And he was going to do it, the James Edward Golden way.
All these thoughts were flowing through Edd's mind. He smiled to himself. "It's like a Disney movie, but better." is what he told himself. He moved to the bars of his cell. "Hey. Hey! You!" He whisper shouted to the person next to him. The guy turned. The old man just entered the prisons yesterday and somehow everyone seemed to know and like him. Edd thought he could use that to his advantage. Though, the man was emaciated and weak. The od man smiled weakly. "Oh hi Edd." he whispered. "Howdy. I heard you were good at making things." Edd whispered.
"Oh. Well, I used to be."
"What do you mean used to be?"
"I've grown so weak that my hands can barely move. My arms are weak and flimsy."
"No. Don't you say that. I bet you could do it. You just haven't made anything in a while."
"I fear I will get caught."
"Don't worry. I'm here."
"...What is it you want?"
Edd smiled. Yes! It was perfect! He just needed to get the old guy to work. "I need something sharp and pointy. Like a bobbi pin but sharper." Edd said. The man nodded slowly. "With such few materials, I'll see what I can do." he replied. Edd smiled. "You don't want anything in return?" he asked. The man sighed. "Well there is one thing." he said.
"What is it?"
"My Bible. When those horrid soldiers came in and raided my home, they took me and my bible. I don't know where it is."
"I'll get you one. I promise."
"Thank you."
"You're welcome."
Edd nodded. Satisfied with the conversation he and the man just shared. Finally. He was going to get out. There was nothing Tom, or Tord could do about it. The man turned around and walked to the corner of his cell. Edd walked back to the corner of his own cell. Now, for some sleep.

The next morning, Matt was woken by a bucket of cold water being splashed on him. He shivered and groaned. He looked like a mess. His hair was messy and tangled, his clothes almost tattered, his face was pale and he had dark eyebags under his eyes. The old him would never let himself look like that. He sighed and moved to go sit in the corner like he usually did. He started to talk to himself when he heard a familiar voice. Not one in his head, but an actual outside voice. He whipped his head around and looked to see where it came from. He frowned when he found his answer. "You." Matt sneered. Tord smiled. He was standing there with Tom, who had his arms folded behind his back. "What do you want you traitor!" he exclaimed in a fury. Tord smiled sinisterly. "Oh nothing." he replied. He leaned over and whispered something in Tom's ear. Tom nodded and they walked off. Matt hated when they did that. Made a mockery of him. When he gets out, he'll show them. Especially now that Tord had Tom wrapped around his disgusting ass finger. Matt sighed. He walked back to his corner and continued doing what he was doing. He sat in his corner and wsited for the voices to come back.

Edd looked over at the cell next to his. "You done yet?" he asked. Nothing. Again. He sighed. He knew that the man need his time but he couldn't wait any longer. "Hello? Random guy?" Edd called. The old man walked up to the bars of his cell and turned to Edd. "I just finished." he said. Edd smiled. "Thank you." he sighed in relief. The man nodded and smiled. "Here." he spoke, handing Edd the object. It was exactly what he needed. Pointy and small. Small enough to pick a lock. Edd took it and began working. "What did you use anyway?" he asked, trying to pick the lock. "What I could." the man answered. Edd nodded slowly. A forced smile creeping onto his face as he looked down at what he was holding. That didn't matter now. He moved his arms through the cell's bars and put the object into the keyhole. Fiddling around some more, the lock eventually opened and Edd's cell door swung open. He laughed and smiled to himself. After realizing that he could open his cell, he decided it's be best to wait when executing his plan. Edd closed his cell and waited. "What-What are you doing?" the old man asked. "Don't worry Hagrid I have a plan." Edd replied. "Hagrid?" the old man echoed. Edd chuckled.
At exactly two o clock, one of the guards came in to check on them like they always do. When he approached Edd's cell, Edd grabbed the object and stabbed the guard in the heart as quickly as he could, stabbing him multiple times. He grunted as the blood spilled everywhere. He's hated those guards for a long time now. He's been waiting to do that ever since he's arrived. The guard fell down to the ground with a loud “thump” and everyone watched. "Too busy trying to save eveyone don't judge me." Edd explained. He opened his cell door and dragged the officer in. Stripping the body naked, Edd stole the clothing off of the guard and walked out of his cell, dressed as the officer. He dragged the dead, bleeding, limp body with him. "Go get 'em." the old man cheered. Edd smiled and whispered to himself,

"Phase two. Operation Matt."