【21】

Winn nodded. "Nice to have you on the team Liam." he said, roughly patting Edd's shoulder. Edd nodded. "Yep sure." he mumbled under his breath, looking around nervously, "So anyway, can I see him?" Winn nodded. "If you want." he replied. Winn took Edd to the science lab portion of the base. Where human experiments, drug testing, and basically overall torture, was taking place. As soon as Edd walked in he heard screaming. Lots, and lots, of screaming. He shuddered. Winn noticed this and smiled. "You get used to it after the first two years." he said. Edd nodded slowly. "These guys are messed up." he thought to himself. When they reached Matt's cell they stopped to see he wasn't there. "What?" Edd wondered aloud, "Where is he?" Winn shrugged. "They must be conducting an experiment on him right now. Sorry man." he answered.
"Can't you take me to him?"
"Nope."
"Why?"
"Because when experiments are taking place, only scientists and doctors are aloud. Unless Red Leader says."
"Where-Where is he now?"
Winn snickered. "He's probably making out with his new assistant again." he joked. "New assistant?" Edd asked. Winn nodded. "Yep. If you ask me, they've got something going on." Edd cringed. "Anyway," Winn started, "You're gonna have to ask him." Edd nodded. "Where's his office?" he asked. Winn laughed. "Come on man." he chuckled. Winn started walking and Edd followed.

Tom stood in front of Tord, examining his blind eye. "Why haven't you tried to fix it?" he asked, "You've fixed other things in the lab before. You fixed me." Tord shook his head. "I am not one for putting myself up for that." he replied. Tom smirked. "Are you scared?" he teased. Tord looked at Tom, unamused. Tom cleared his throat. "Okay nevermind." he mumbled. Tord sighed and put his eye patch back on. "It is okay Thomas." he said, sitting back in his chair. He opened a drawer and took some files out. Tom sighed. He pushed the papers out of the way and sat on Tord's lap. "It's been a while.." he mumbled. Tord hummed. Tom sighed again and placed his hands on Tord's shoulders. He leaned in and kissed Tord softly. He pulled away. "I'm tired of doing “official buisness” today." he said. Tord sighed. "The base is not going to run itself." he stated. Tom frowned. "Put Paul on it." he said. Tord stayed silent and Tom smiled a bit. He kissed Tord again. "Hm?" he hummed. Tord nodded slowly and Tom kissed him again. Tord kissed back. They pulled away and Tom smiled. "See?" he asked. Tord nodded and kissed Tom again, licking his bottom lip.
Winn and Edd walked to the front doors of Tord's office. Edd shuddered, remembering the first time the soldiers captured him. Then he realized. "What about Tom?" he thought to himself. "Another tip." Winn said. "Always knock unless it's an emergency." Edd nodded and Winn knocked on the door.
Tom pulled away and sighed. He sat up and got off of Tord's lap. He walked over to the door and opened it. "What?" he asked, clearly annoyed. Winn motioned to Edd. "Uh..." Edd stood there. He couldn't help but stare at Tom. He missed him, remembering whst they were before. Standing there, he forgot what he was going to say. "Well?" Tom asked, placing a hand on his hip, "Red Leader's busy." He then closed the door. Winn turned to Edd. "What was that?" he asked. Edd shrugged. "Well I don't know!" he answered. Winn sighed and shook his head. "I'm pretty sure they're done with the whole thing now." he said. Edd sighed. He really needed to know what they did to his friend. "Well Liam you can always do what I usually do." Winn said. Edd looked around then turned back to Winn, remembering he used Liam as a fake name. "And what's that?" he asked. "Pretend Red Leader sent you." Winn answered. He cocked his head to the side, motioning for Edd to follow him.

They made their way back to the lab and walked to one of the rooms. "I believe it was this room." Winn spoke. Edd nodded. Winn opened the door and a bunch of surgeons and scientists turned their heads. "Hva gjør du her!?" one of the scientists exclaimed. "Slapp av, sendte den Røde Lederen oss" Winn replied "Vi rapporterer tilbake til ham." The scientists turned to each other and nodded. There was a faint mumbling before they stopped. Edd smiled a bit and Winn nodded. "Did you start it yet?" Edd asked. A surgeon shook her head. "He's been putting up quite the fight." she answered. Edd nodded and looked over at the bed. He was shocked to see Matt, stripped naked and strapped down to a hospital bed, wide awake. Edd turned. "Aren't you gonna drug him first!?" he asked. There was silence until everyone but Edd and Matt were laughing. Winn sighed. "Han er ny." he explained to one of the scientists. "Det forklarer mye." the scientist said. Winn nodded and walked over to Edd. "Listen Liam," he started, "We don't drug 'em unless Red Leader says." Edd gasped. "So you're just gonna watch as he screams?" he asked. Winn nodded. "Pretty much." he answered. One of the surgeons slapped their gloves on and put on a mask. "Okay. No more messing around." he sneered. Matt shook his head. "LET ME GO!" he shouted, shaking his head, "LET ME FUCKING GO!" One of the scientists looked at the surgeon and nodded. Many other sugeons came in as well. Everyone was crowded around the bed Matt was currently lying on. They grabbed their equipment and started. Matt screamed in pain.

The experiment had begun.