13 - "a date"

A/N

hellooo :) thank u sm for 200 reads! this will probably be uploaded a different day but I finished and published 2 chapters tonight! votes are highly appreciated and encouraged :) happy reading!

———

George peacefully opened his eyes in someone's arms.

Dreams arms.

The amount of safety he felt being so close to him was unreal.

His heart felt like it was beginning to burn, listening to every small breath that came from the dirty blond right beside him as he slept.

He brought his hand up and wrapped it around Dreams waist, slowly, whilst glancing at him to make sure his movements wouldn't wake him up.

Do all friends do this?

He settled his fingers lightly, yet slowly.

Before he could control himself, he felt his own fingers slide under Dreams t shirt, then his hand resting in that position.

He closed his eyes again in hopes to fall back asleep.

A few minutes later, George could hear the noises of a sleepy Dream grunting, slowly sitting up and stretching.

George internally sighed as his hands carefully slipped off of the others body.

"George?" Dream whispered.

George slowly opened his eyes, pretending like he just woke up.

"Good morning, sleepy head," Dream then added, ruffling George's messy hair.

He flipped the blanket off of himself as George stretched.

"Hey, where are you going?" George asked, rubbing his eyes and squinting.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be gone for an hour, okay? I'll tell Sapnap to make you something to eat."

George watched as Dream made his out of the room, flashing him a quick smile.

———

After he closed the door, Dream stood there for a moment. He was trying his best to process what position they had been in.

George's head laying on his chest, his hand over his waist and under his shirt. Dreams arm under George's back. George's leg had been crossed over Dreams.

He tapped his lip slowly, glancing at the doorknob.

"Ahem!" He suddenly heard Sapnap call from the stairs.

Dream made his way over to the stairs, noticing Sapnap tapping the railing with his feet crossed, mid way down.

"What?" Dream muttered.

"You look like you had a good sleep. Is George awake?"

"He is."

"Where are you off to?" Sapnap asked, Dream returning a smirk.

"Look," Dream began, "I'll be gone for an hour, I'll be back in time to film."

He then walked all the way down the stairs, Sapnap following behind into the kitchen.

"I have a date thing."

Sapnap stopped walking dead in his tracks, right in front of the fridge.

"With Annie. You know, the girl you set me up with trying to prove a point. She's actually quite funny and I'm meeting her in the park in a little while."

As Dream spoke he fished the pantry for a granola bar.

"I'm sorry, Dream."

"What? For what?"

"For.. assuming. Obviously I made it pretty awkward."

Dreams grin rose.

It was about time.

"Don't worry about it, Sippy cup," he replied, patting his head. He then made his way to the front door, grabbing his coat from the rack. "Also! While I'm gone, don't bother George too much. He's had a rough night."

———

As Dream drove along the lonely road, his grin quickly faded. Lies.

He hated lying. But sometimes, it would be necessary. Although Sapnap was fully convinced he didn't have a sort of feeling for George, no relief came over him.

He still felt guilty. He felt like a liar.

As Dream bit his lip, pulling up to the parking lot, he though about George.

I'm not supposed to feel this way.

Looking through the windshield, he observed the park. Very few people, lots of dogs, lots of grassy land.

He spotted Annie almost immediately.

He took a deep breath, climbing out of his car them forcing a smile.

He noticed Annie had her hair up in a high ponytail, her blond bangs hanging gracefully above her eyes. She was reading a book, wearing a flowery dress and pink sandals. Her fingernails were painted a lavender color.

As he approached her, the blond brought her gaze up.

"Oh, hi, Clay!"

She placed her bookmark into her designated spot, closing the book.

"Sit," she added, patting the grass.

Dream smiled, sitting gracefully across from her.

"Hi, Annie. How are you? Got the day off today?"

"Sure do. I always have Thursday off, though."

Now that he was closer, he could observe more. She wore barely any makeup besides mascara and eyeliner, also a bit of lip gloss.

Now Dream felt bad that he hadn't even tried to look too presentable.

"What are you reading?"

She glanced at her book.

"A thriller."

Dream nodded. "I love thrillers."

She smiled back with her pearly white teeth. It was obvious she had braces in the past. The two of them glanced at the sun which shone on the opposite side of Annie.

"So, Clay. Tell me a little bit about yourself."

"Well, to start, I play Minecraft. A LOT of Minecraft."