28 - what they could be

Days passed by at the beach house. There had been multiple fun activities, very little drinking, lots of beach visits and tons of take out.

Overall, the days had been extremely relaxing, no longer worrisome.

It was the last day, meaning this very day Karl and Darryl would have to fly back to where they lived.

After they said their goodbyes, the trio once more piled into Dreams car.

Dream pulled out to the pathway, glancing to the backseat where George and Sapnap both sat on opposite sides.

Thirty minutes in, both were asleep.

Dream smiled at them tiredly, focusing back onto the road.

Eventually hours passed. He pulled into his driveway slowly, taking in the air of home.

"George, Sapnap." He whispered as he pulled his seatbelt off.

"Guys, we're here."

They both groaned, slowly stretching their arms up and unbuckling their seatbelts. As they tumbled out of the car, Dream started carrying luggage into the house beside the couch.

"It's almost seven," Dream reminded them as George followed behind with his own suitcase.

After all luggage was carried in, Sapnap closed the door and locked it.

Dreams eyes scanned the house, perfectly clean like they had left it.

He honestly wished they had gotten more time with Karl and Darryl at the beach house.

George and Sapnap would be going back to Texas and England in one week from now.

Everything would have to go back to normal. Dream and George would have to act like nothing happened on stream.

Now, there was less time to talk about what he and George were or what they could be.

George carefully rubbed his eyes, then fluttered his eyelashes.

"We should order pizza."

"I agree!" Sapnap retorted, walking back into the guest room.

Dream pulled his phone out of his pocket, pressing his phone up to his ear.

When the pizza got there, George downed the most slices. He was clearly the hungriest.

After dinner, Sapnap and Dream decided to stream for a little bit in their own rooms while George was preparing to take a shower.

He grabbed a towel from the hall closet, setting it nicely rolled up on the closed toilet seat.

As he shut the door, his phone began to ring.

He glared, picking it up to see that it was from his mom.

He really didn't want to speak to her, but they haven't spoken in weeks.

In annoyance, he pressed the green button and held his phone to his ear.

"Hello, mom."

He could hear muffles and sniffles on the other end.

"George," she cried. She was sobbing.

His eyebrows furrowed as he shoved the towel onto the floor and sat on the closed toilet seat.

She gulped. "Your father. He figured out I cheated. He's kicking me out with nothing."

George bit his lip harshly.

He didn't even know what was right to say.

"I told you I'm in Florida. Call someone else."

"No," she scolded, her voice rose.

"George, will you please be useful for once. I need you to fly back out to me as soon as you can. I need help."

He shook his head as if talking to her in real life.

He took a deep breath before sighing.

"You got yourself into this mess. You can get yourself out, too."

"I can't," she began to break down. "I can't."

All of a sudden, George was enraged. He wasn't stupid. He wasn't going to get away from Dream and Sapnap to help his mother with shit she caused.

When she noticed he wasn't speaking, she spoke again.

"Is this about that boy? Is this going to be more nonsense on top of everything, George? Maybe you could care more about your mother instead of pretending to be gay."

"I'm not fucking pretending."

Her voice grew silent. She wasn't speaking anymore.

"As a matter of fact, I'd tell you everything going on if you weren't acting like a piece of shit. How stupid was I to think that just maybe you were calling to see how I was doing but instead try and gain sympathy?"

"You know none of this is my fault."

George covered his mouth, attempting to not cry.

"You know you aren't so tough," she whispered.

"I didn't choose to fuck up your relationship with dad. This is your fault."

"Maybe I wouldn't cheat if you hadn't always been around. You disgust me, George. Stop trying to make yourself believe you could possibly be a man in love with another man."

He had enough. He pulled his phone from his ear to hang up. So he did, then tossing his phone to the corner of the bathroom and holding his knees to his chest.

He didn't want to cry, he wanted to be tough.

But he cried.

He cried quietly, preventing embarrassment.

How embarrassing would it be to have Dream stop his stream to go and comfort him?

He was being a baby.

His mother was only right about one thing.

He isn't tough.