27 - safe

Dream was struggling.

He had no idea how he'd confront George to speak with him about feelings, or what their future could be although they were so close.

He didn't want to disturb George with an awkward or uncomfortable conversation.

Dream watched George's sleepy movements as he squirmed beside him, facing the window.

Slowly, Dream stroked his hair with one hand, bringing his hand to George's waist with the other.

He hasn't slept in hours, thinking and protesting against his own troubles thoughts.

He really likes George, that was obvious. But he was scared. Scared of fucking up, scared of the way George might think, scared of everything. He didn't want to be scared. He wanted to talk.

Dream glanced at the alarm clock.

5:22 AM

He took a deep breath, bringing attention back to George who was now making little noises, indicating he was slowly waking up.

Sleepily, he turned his body back to face Dream.

His eyes slowly opened to a squint.

"Why're you awake..?" He mumbled, resting his face on Dreams chest and bringing his hand up Dreams shirt.

"Just couldn't sleep. I'm thinking about stuff."

"What are you thinking about?"

Quietly, Dream continued to stroke George's hair.

George closed his eyes again, but he wasn't going to fall asleep.

"You."

"I really do live in your head rent free, huh?"

Dream laughed.

"Yeah, I'm not so afraid to admit that anymore."

The two spoke in low whispers.

"George?"

"What?"

"Are you okay with this?"

Silently, George sat up and rubbed his eyes, his hands pulling away from Dream.

"Okay with what?"

Dream brought up his fingers and waved them from himself to George.

"This?"

George scoffed.

"Clay, I told you. This is what I want."

He collapsed into Dreams lap, wrapping his hands around Dreams neck and sighing.

"You know how I feel about you, Clay." George's voice was in a deep whisper at this point.

Dream squeezed his lips together, tightening his arms around George's hips.

"I wanna make sure I'm giving you everything you need. I don't want you to regret this. With me."

George slowly stroked the back of Dreams hair, staring into his eyes with a small, tired smile.

"I hope you're aware I'd fucking die for you," George responded.

Both of the boys chuckled to each other, eyes still locked.

George reached his leg over, climbing off of Dreams lap and his feet colliding against the cold floor.

He swung the curtains open. It was getting light outside, but the moon still shone.