32 - dreading

The next morning, no one wanted to get up. Not even Sapnap. Both he and George would be leaving soon, and everyone was tired as hell.

George wished he could stay in Dreams grasp forever. Resting his head on Dreams chest over his warm hoodie enlightened him.

When George heard the small noises that flew from Dreams mouth as he woke up and quietly stretched his arms out, he sighed.

A long moment of silence passed.

"George," Dream whispered in his raspy morning voice.

"I don't want to get up," George replied in a low, responsive whisper.

A small huff came from Dream as he scooted George's arms away, disconnecting their touch.

"You do know that if we keep doing this, leaving will be even harder, right?"

"If we keep doing.. what?"

"Touching. Like this. Like we've been doing.."

Dream was forcing out the words he dreaded saying.

"Right. I'm sorry." He replied, slowly sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "Maybe I should've slept in my own bed, too."

"George-"

"No, it's okay. I get it."

He flipped the blanket away and climbed towards the edge of the bed and out the door, shutting it behind him quietly.

Dream squeezed his lips together, sitting up himself.

He already missed him. He hated even looking at the empty space George had just been laying.

If they were going to separate, this is what they needed to do. It was what was best to do although both of the boys had already gotten attached to each other.

Dream was just praying that when George went back, they would still be close best friends when they first met.

And maybe even if George got his life sorted out and fixed with his family, they could be more. They could be much, much more.

Maybe if Dream got himself together, he could give his all for George.

This shouldn't have to hurt so bad.

Just last night, they confessed the love that they had for one another and now everything would have to change for the sake of reality.

Fucking reality.

Dream felt like shit, watching George walk out of his room like that with slight anger rising and sadness taking over him.

He glanced to the window, the blinds open fully for the sun to peer into his room from a left corner.

———

Sapnaps mouth smacked as he chewed his French toast annoyingly.

Dream just stared at him, disgusted.

"How hungry we're you, Nick?"

Sapnap scoffed. "I could eat a whole ass horse right now, watch. Your sappy ass took too long to come down here and make me food because you're afraid of any confrontation."

"You're also a grown man, y'know. You've been living here a couple weeks and can't even make shit yourself."

"Touché."

Sapnaps lips continued to smack as he took another bite and washed it down with strawberry milk.

Dream folded his fingers together, bringing his gaze towards the hallway.

"You good, man?" Sapnap randomly muttered.

Dream snapped his head back in the direction of the brunette eating across the island table.

He ran his fingers through his hair once, glancing back at the hallway.

Ignoring his question, he asked, "has George been in here at all yet today?"

Sapnap shook his head, digging his fork into his food.

"He's been in the bathroom and his own bedroom. Not sure if he ate though."

Dream began tapping his fingers against the counter.

"He might be mad at me a little."

"What? Why?"

"Depends on if your willing to listen."

Sapnap shot him a hard glare. "When have I not listened?"

Dream took a breath and rested his fingers against the counter.

"Last night we said some stuff. We made some agreements. Ultimately, we decided to stop."

"Stop..?"

"Stop this. All of this."

Sapnaps jaw dropped. "What the fuck do you mean, Dream?"

"I mean neither of us are ready for each other. We're just not. Don't get me wrong, George means everything to me but we aren't in good places at all."

Sapnap chewed his lip harshly. "If you weren't ready for each other in the first place, why did you start doing everything you were doing? If you care about each other that much in different ways that don't correlate to friendship, why start? Why did any of this happen?"

"Sapnap," he scolded, "please. I'm trying my best to not feel bad about this. He's going back to a different country in just a few days. There is no way him and I can be anything now. I'm doing this because I'm willing to wait and I-"

Dream cut himself off shortly. Sapnaps eyebrows flew to his forehead. He scooted his plate away and leaned on the island table.

"You what?"

"Don't make me say it in front of you."

"Just say it, I won't judge."

Dreams eyes glimmered while staring into Sapnaps.

"I just love him too much, I guess.." he mumbled.

"What was that? Couldn't hear you!"

"I love him." Dream announced more clearly for Sapnap to grin.

Sapnap hopped down from the stool and trudged around the table to Dream, pulling him into a tight hug.

"I'm so proud of you idiots," he whispered.

Dream chuckled. "Why?"

"You're not as dense as I thought you were."

"You think I'm doing the right thing?" Dream asked, pulling from the hug. "I guess so. Trust me, dude, George needs time. He needs time to process everything. That's what it is."

Dream nodded.

"You're right."