23 - kisses under your sheets

Fuck, Dream thought. That was his only thought. He wasn't listening to the chatter that quickly came across his friends as they exited the haunted house.

"My bad for running off," Karl muttered and scratched his elbow. "That nun things scared the crap out of me."

Dream and George walked side by side, but inches apart. Neither of them dared to speak.

Sapnap was incredibly suspicious, to say the least.

Before going on any other rides, Darryl and Karl wanted to get some cotton candy.

Both of them waited in line as the other three sat on a picnic table not too long away.

Dream was looking anywhere else than George. George was just staring at his feet.

Sapnap glanced from Dream to George, folding his hands together.

"Are you guys good?"

"Yeah." They both muttered at the exact same time.

They exchanged glances as Sapnap crossed his arms. "Did you fight or something in the haunted house?"

"No." Dream responded swiftly, tapping his foot against the ground.

"So why the fuck do both of you look traumatized?"

Dream scoffed. "It was pitch black and we couldn't find you guys. Also, George was scared."

"I wasn't even that scared. It was just that one stupid thingy that popped out without warning. And you were teasing me like always."

"Come on, George. I wasn't teasing, you were practically clinging to me."

"I forgot to let go of your arm, and you decided it'd be a good idea to mess around and hold my hand."

"You didn't pull away."

George opened his mouth, but no words came out as Sapnap giggled.

"It was a in the moment type of thing."

"Sure."

"Dream, I'm serious."

"Just admit that you liked it."

"I didn't."

"You did."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes you did. You have a nice pleasure in touching me."

"Guys, I would love for you two to continue this wonderful conversation but Karl and Bad are walking back and we have more rides to get to. Specifically a roller coaster."

Dream and George looked behind them, and surely Karl and Bad were on their way.

"This conversation isn't over," George said with a tough tone, turning back to Dream.

"What else is to be discussed?"

"Clay."

"Alright! We got two bags of cotton candy. One blue and one pink. Let's go." Karl said in approach.

George shot Dream a glare before standing from the picnic table and following close behind.

Dream didn't want to cross the line, but it seemed like it had already been crossed since the movies.

Maybe it was time to stop. Stop touching him, talking with him about intense subjects. It was time to lay off.

———

"Goodnight everyone!" Darryl shouted from his room.

"Goodnight!" Everyone shouted back, the sounds of doors closing shut all the way down the hall.