| 22 |

Disclaimer: Hello, have you noticed that I'm not 14? Of course I don't own Grey's Anatomy

-

I woke up and smiled when I saw Scarlett soundly asleep next to me. She got so much bigger since the last time I saw her and when we met last night she was talking intensively.

I got out of bed and went to make some breakfast. As I was making the toast somebody climbed downstairs, I looked to see that it was Scarlett. "Good morning, sunshine." I smiled at her. "Want some breakfast."

"Can I please have some." She politely whispered, her voice sounded scared. I decided to ignore that.

"Of course, I'm just going to get the table ready." I told her and saw her nod. I turned on the TV in the living room for her to watch and she left.

"Alright, Scar, come." I shouted from the kitchen and after a moment she came inside, her eyes full of tears. "What is it, did you fall, are you okay, do I need to look, where does it hurt?" I rushed to her.

"I-I'm sorry." Scarlett apologized and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I-"

"Are you alright, what happened?" I slowly calmed her down, but she was still sobbing. I had literally no idea what had happened.

"Y-you yelled, I-I didn't..." She got out. For a minute I stood there frozen.

"No it's okay, it's nothing, Scarlett, I didn't mean to yell alright, I just wanted to call you to eat breakfast," I explained to her and after a moment she nodded, and slowly we made our way to the table.

I was thinking about why was she so scared but nothing came into my mind, I saw her grandmother who somehow was in a pretty good mood, and Scarlett was dressed well, the grandmother even wished me merry Christmas. Whatever it was it must've been something that happened in maybe kindergarten.

"Alright, today we're going to go see two of my friends, and then maybe we'll go shop for some presents, okay." her face immediately lightened up.

"Presents?" she asked in excitement and I nodded. Her face was filled with joy. "Will I be able to have one?" Scarlett asked me once again and I nodded.

"Hey, Scar?" she looked up to meet my eyes. "Is everything okay in kindergarten, are the kids treating you well there?" I asked.

"I don't go to kindergarten, mother says that we don't have enough money for me to go," answered Scarlett, and my eyebrows furrowed. That was almost impossible.

"You don't, huh, does that mean you stay at home, with who do you stay when your grandmother and mom has to go to work?" I asked her.