| 40 |

Disclaimer: I've written forty chapters. I never thought that I would get this far, wow...it's amazing.

"If I had one wish, you'd stay forever

"If I had one wish, you'd stay forever."
•-•-•

"Okay, this is-...what does this mean, Meredith?" I asked as I followed Meredith through the house, she was distracting herself while all I needed were answers.

"Gosh, you sound like Derek." I heard her groan. "How would I know, I don't know anything-... I'm a mess." I entered the room from which Meredith was speaking from, and saw her sitting on the edge of the bed, her head in her hands. I quietly sat down next to her.

"What do you feel?" I rubbed her back. I knew that the answer to my question was an 'I don't know' but I asked anyways

"I have absolutely no idea," she answered, not looking up from her hands. "I don't know what to tell Finn-...o-or, wait-...have any of you spoken to Addison about this, I know that Alex was working with her today, but I myself haven't seen her?" Meredith asked.

All I could do was shrug seeing as I myself had called Addison multiple times over the day, I was scared that she was mad at me too, and maybe she was, I mean, Meredith is my sister and that got to count for something. "-but don't stress about Finn till the time comes, now your priority is to know what are you going to do with Derek?"

"Can we go to sleep-...I'll think about that later?" she asked and laid herself down in the bed that was right behind her. I smiled.

"I can't Mer, I don't want to leave Scar at home alone, god knows what can happen." I chuckled as my head filled with the possibilities of my kitchen being destroyed.

"You can-...let the urchin stay here, she's family now, isn't she?" Meredith's words almost made me tear up. Family.

"Uh-...sure, I'll go get her from my house," I said after a long pause where I tried the hardest not to cry about what Meredith had said. I then left the room and went to pick up Scarlett, I've been with her to the intern house only once but I remember how she used to love the place, she described it as the feeling of love and home. I wish I remembered it as she did.

•-•-•

The next day had come, and it was the first day I'll be working since I was given the letter and custody of Scarlett.

After trying and failing to convince Izzie that baking cupcakes aren't a great way to cope, I left for work with Scarlett, who now will officially go to the Seattle Grace hospital's kindergarten. As much as I would rather her go to a public kindergarten, this was the easiest way for me to work and be with her at the same time, plus this wouldn't be for long seeing as the newest member of the Greys' family is going to school next year.