| 2 |

disclaimer: i have too much online school to own grey's anatomy

-

"I'm a real big fan of your mother's, she's a legend, I'm sure you'll be one too." Derek started, looking at me with a smile. It was hard to talk about my mother, especially with a doctor who doesn't know the real her and thinks she's this unstoppable hero, when in reality that's not true at all.

"We don't have to do this," I said, looking at the ground. "You know, the thing where we exchanged the details, pretend that we care when we don't," I explained and watched as his face changed from a smile to a furrow.

"Funny thing, another woman, really familiar to you, said the exact thing to me this morning." he chuckled closing his eyes, the realization just hitting me then.

"Five minutes in and I already know that you had a one-night stand with someone, nice going." I also chuckled, sharing a look with him. "Looks like women aren't your biggest fans, are they?"

"That's a long story you don't want to hear," Derek assured me.

"Oh, believe me, it's the last thing I wanna hear from my boss." I groaned a little, making him laugh.

"But on the other hand, if it's anything to you, I'm not making conversation because I wanna get in the graces with your mother, we're colleagues who'll be working together from now on and I think we should get along." Derek gave me a genuine smile that I returned.

"Technically, you're my boss." I corrected him, making him chuckle again. "And thank you for the compliment." I thanked him and both of us fell into silence until I came upon a door in which I saw a familiar face. Derek, who had kept walking forwards looked back at me with a raised eyebrow and I made a mental note to find my sister again later and talk to her.

"Sorry, just saw my sister for the first time in years," I explained, making it sound like no big deal. Derek's eyebrows shot up and he gave me a look telling me that he was willing to listen. "Uh-...I kind of ran away from home a little while ago, haven't seen her ever since." I sighed as he nodded, still processing the information.

"What's her name?" Derek asked once he noticed the uncomfortable look on my face.

"Uhm, Meredith." the second the words left my mouth Derek looked as if a truck had just hit him. I furrowed and waited for him to answer.

"Uh-, you said she works here?" he asked, trying to maintain a straight face in which he was failing miserably at.

"Yeah, she's an intern, do you know her?" I narrowed my eyes at him, I could almost hear a million thoughts going through his mind at the moment.