Chapter 5

A/N hey guys so short chapter sorry if it's not the bestokay hope you enjoy by the way LOTS OF LOVE well I think okay I shut up enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't sleep after Shawn and I had a talked. The last words he said to me burned through my head. Was it true? Am I his mate? I still have more questions but I didn't want to burden him like one of those twilight fans would.

I can't sleep and it's about 3:30 a.m. Now it's only been an hour but I still can't believe that I'm laying on dexter... And he's human with the name of Shawn. Shawn, I love that name, I always have. I turned my head to look at him. He had brown hair that was disheveled in every way. He was tan and had muscles. He looked so calm.

I still can't believe that my doggy dexter... Turned into sexy Shawn. What I said was true. No matter if he was a dog and now human, or wearwolf I'll still love him. But like a friend. He's an alpha, I'm supposedly his mate. If I was his mate wouldn't he could confront me about it right away? That explains why anytime I mentioned Alex, he either growled or got depressed.

How will I keep it a secret from mom and dad? My thoughts stopped as I saw Shawn stir in his sleep. He was occasionally did that when he was a dog. But this tie it's different, like he's having a nightmare. After a few seconds I pulled out of his grasp and it just made it worse.

I shook him to wake up and it didn't work. I did what I knew would wake him up but it's gonna be hard for me- wait what why would it be hard he's my best friend, so I slapped him and that's when he woke up. He shot up and looked around, when he saw me he grabbed me and before I knew it I was in his arms.

He's clammy, shaking, and sweating. At this point I don't really care. I pulled away to find myself looking into his blue eyes. His body was glistening with the light of the moon on him, he still had his arms around my shoulders and his expression seemed to calm after he looked at me.

"Shawn? Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, I am. Just had a nightmare that's all." I already know it wasn't a nightmare. Something happened, and I was in the dream. He
wouldn't of grabbed me the way he did if I wasn't in there.

"Please don't lie to me" I told him. I'm really worried about him. "It's just that something happened to me, and I was ripped away from you and your parents. My pack and you got hurt. And when you were out of my grasp that's when I lost it." So that's why when I pulled away from him he got crazy.

"I did pull away from you while you were sleeping, is that why you were stirring?" I asked. It's logical but why would he even be shaking. "I think so, being a wearwolf only their mate can calm them down... Especially since I'm the alpha no one but my mate can calm me down."

I need to know this, I need to know why he kept the secret, and if I'm his mate. "Shawn... Why did you hide it from me? That you were a wearwolf." I got the course to ask but not the courage to look him in the eye. I'm a little bit mad at him for that.

"I kept it because, when I saw you I knew you were my mate. The only way I could think of was being your dog. I would've keep it till the right time. I was going to tell you after I attained your trust and and bond. Which since it grew rapidly I was going to tell you a few days from now to be sure. but when I saw that Alex guy, and heard you had a crush on him, that's why I was depressed and avoided you."

I was feeling mixed emotions. Happiness, pity, anger, but I let him continue. "When I saw the kiss happen, my jealousy grew to large, I tried to hold back from jumping in front of you guys because alphas are very protective over their mates, but I knew that isn't what you would've wanted. I'm willing to wait for you. And if you don't feel it right now, Just know I do, and I'll wait. It's hard for me too but just know, even over my pack, your the most important to me."

He has it all wrong. I couldn't kiss Alex it's not what I wanted, and I just couldn't. Was it because Shawn's my mate? He even said he'd wait. I saw a quote one time it said, "waiting for the boy who will wait forever to be your forever" is it Shawn?

"And tonight I couldn't help but shift I didn't have control over it. Kalila, I'm sorry for keeping it a secret, I just didn't know how you would take it. Please don't be mad."

I'm not mad anymore. I understand completely now. It's positive he's my mate. I could feel a tear streaming down my face. "I didn't- couldn't kiss him." I whispered "there was something holding me back, I know what it was now. If I'm mated to you. Then that's why." I said. I'll probably have my heart stolen, I just hope he won't break it.

"If you do take my heart... Don't break it." I was looking down at my bed now as I was tearing up "please" Is what I said when he started wiping tears from me. "I couldn't even if I wanted to. I loved you from the second I saw you."

I finally looked up there he was. His big blue eyes his perfect face. But he grabbed me again and pulled me into a tight hug. I still can't believe this is dexter. But now he's Shawn. I found him on the street. He became my best friend. And I found out he's a wearwolf and I'm his mate.

This time I was actually able to go to sleep. And with Shawn's arms around me.