Chapter 31

Dedicated to all my wattpad babes. My readers, my voters/comenters and my writers. I love you all!

Shawns P.O.V

I read this thing online once. It said that the shape of a heart never resembled a real beating heart. But it also said if you put two beating hearts together it makes the shape of a heart.

I guess that meant love is never complete without your other half. You need two people to make a love that consumes you. And I have a love that consumed me.

And I was going to my sure that the half that I needed wasn't going to heaven yet. I ran as fast as I could while carrying her in my arms. When I finally made it to the pack house we had to call in another doctor from another pack. That's how severe this situation was.

I wanted to stay with her but I wasn't allowed to. I stayed outside the door as I watched nurses and doctors run in and out of her room. There were over a dozen tests being ran to find out what was wrong.

I wasn't told until she was stable. Which took a lot longer than what I thought.

"Alpha Shawn?" I heard the doc say.

"What have I told everyone before? It's just Shawn doc, no need for formalities." I told him and stood up. "Any news?"

"Yes, we determined what it was that put her in this state" He said, his eyes gleamed with hopefulness and I really hoped that meant something good. "Shawn have you heard of physician assisted suicide?"

Shit. "Yes sir I have, what about it?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"In those types of cases people are usually given prescription dugs or it is powdered and put into food of the patient to hid the taste."

"Where are you going with this Doc?" I pressed. I didn't need a story to build up suspense. I needed to know.

"What was given to Kalila's wolf was a lower concentration. It was a liquid form of the drug,"

My eyes stung as I tried to hold back the water that was brimming my eyes. She can't die. She can't. I know her she'll make it through this, right?

"But fear not," did you seriously tell me 'fear not'? What the hell is wrong with this guy. "Because it was a liquid form, and a lower concentration, it was a weak attempt at killing her wolf. And because Kalila now has her wolf, they both are helping each other heal.

"Kalila won't die, but she'll be a bit weak for a couple of days. Now, dry those tears, she's a strong one, and you are too. Never lose faith, things always get better."

He said to dry my tears but I couldn't. Relief enveloped me from the very second that the words "she won't die" left his mouth. I never knew my body held as many tears as they did before I met her.

But I wouldn't trade them for the world. She can break my heart a thousand times, make me cry a million tears, and my heart will still belong to her. God, I love her so much. She's going to live, my God. she's going to live.

My palms were pressed to my eyes trying to stop them, but it took a couple minutes for me to finally stop.

"Doc when will she wake up?" I asked while keeping my face to the ground.

"Why don't you go see for yourself son?" I made eye contact with him then looked through the window of the room.

That's when I saw Kalila's beautiful eyes looking straight at me and a weak smile forming on her lips. I don't know how fast I got up but I made it into her room quicker than I thought I would have.