chapter 22

Kalila's P.O.V

"The abdomenal bleeding has stopped, your blood loss was handled accurately, and your arm and leg are starting to heal. I just need to get 2 more x-rays, discuss your prescriptions for the pain, and you'll be on your way out" Nurse jackson told us while checking things off her clipboard.

To be frank, I like Nurse Jackson, we see her all the time when we have to come here, but she comes off kinda scary sometimes.

"Thank you again," I said.

"No problem, and you,"she said looking at my brother. "Stop getting into fights, you need to look out for your sister, and you can't do that if your dead." And she walked out.

"Little does she know i got hurt protecting you" Jason said.

He should have just told me about everything, then I wouldn't need saving.

Wait. How come Jason isn't that pack leader? I mean my dad was next, but since he left, shouldn't it go to Jason?

"Hey J. Why aren't you the pack leader. Do you even belong to a pack, or are you like, a rogue or something?" I aksed.

"Well, I pretty much am a rogue. I mean we were never born into a pack, dad left, so we're alone. I can't take ownership as the Alpha unless it's handed to me just like it was to Shawns dad." He explained.

"What about me? Am I anything? Or am I just human? Like I've always been."

"I have no clue what you are. I mean dad mated with mom, Mom's a human, so you could have gotten the less awesome human characteristic, as I, am a freakishly good looking wolf."

Here we go with his ego.

"Pipe down pretty boy. I swear your ego must be bigger than the Sun"

And then he flashed me his signature smile. I called it the smolder. Yes I got it from tangled but Flynn Rider's and Jason Martinez's smolder are pretty similar.

"Stop! I'm gonna need pain meds, you gave me a headache from that flashy thing on your face" I stated.

But God knows I need pain meds for stuff much worse then a headache. Do they have meds for a shattered soul and heart?

It's like I just cry for no reason. One minute I'm fine, not happy, fine, but then I burst into tears.

It's like a pain of slow suicide. I haven't eaten anything for the past couple days, and the times I've spoken is when the nurse or doctors come in.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I said while walking out the door.

I was more trying to escape that room. I've, well we have been locked in that room for too long. But at least I was able to go outside as my brother might as well be strapped to the hospital bed.

I was walking down the hallway until I found a bathroom on the left.

It was a single person bathroom so I shut the door and locked it. And I started to slowly sink to the floor.

all at once, bam, a panic attack. I felt like their was a million bricks on my chest, I felt like I was drowning but I was still breathing. And tears streamed down my face cause of all the pain coursing through me.

Thoughts kept yelling at me like,
It's your fault he's here. Because of you he almost died.

I tried to block out the voices and i asked myself continuously 'Will it pass? Will it pass?'