Chapter 23

Kalila's P.O.V

Driving... driving... and more driving. The suspense is killing me, and the tension in the car, it makes me want to jump out while it's traveling 95 miles an hour.

We've only been on this road for half an hour, and I don't even know how far we are.

All i know is we are in a road somewhere in the mountains surrounded by pine trees. There's a river at the bottom at the mountain.

And at this point, that river is the only thing that is settling my nerves. My heart is thumping out of my chest and my stomach.... I feel If I speak, I'll have to go straight to a bathroom.

"How far are we?" I asked.

"About another 10 minutes." Nick said back. And that was the end of the conversation.

The trees rushed by as i sat there and starred. There was a half moon surrounded by thousands of stars. Nor something you would normally see in a city.

It was actually pretty beautiful.

The river started to become wider as we drove. It opened up to a wide lake with fireflies on top. Just from what I'm seeing right now I can tell were close.

And I was correct. Willow trees started to appear and it looked like that area u saw from outside Shawns window.

'It's amazing isn't it?' A voice said. I know it wasn't Nicks, nor mine. But it sounded of a girl, it was a little high but like that cute kinda high. But I just shook it off.

Then I looked left, my stomach dropped and there it was... the pack house.

We took an exit off road to a narrow road that I don't remember from last time.

I looked at the clock and it said 9:40. I can't belive I'm doing this at almost 10 o'clock at night.

My stomachs butterflies have turned into dragons, and I'm starting to have second thoughts. We'll I always did but I'm really close to gelling him to take me home.

We come to a clearing and Nicks slows down. The house is clear in my vision. The lights are on, but not in the upstairs area.

I don't want to do this.

Nick pulls to the front of the house parks on the side of it. Nicks getting out but I'm staying in. Even when he shuts his door. I can't move and that numb feeling is back. I don't feel anything.

Nicks halfway up to the door before he realizes I'm not following him.

"Why aren't you comming." He opens my door and I stay quiet for a second.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"...I just..." I trailed off not being able to finish.

"If your scared of anyone being mad at you, they won't be. If anything their going to attack you with hugs." He told me and cracked a smile.

"But if it's Shawn... I can't predict what he'll do."

If I see him, I'm either going to explode or I'm going to cry. Feelings suck. That's all I have to say. Feelings. Suck.

"I'm still mad at you guys" I said while unbuckling my seat belt. I stepped out of the car and breathed in. I sent up a silent prayer asking for things to be okay. Dear God help me.

He took out his keys and approached the door. You can literally feel the base from out here, if it wasn't from the music there must be an earthquake.