Chapter 6

I was thinking of a song. I did a little warm up and 'shave and a hair cut'. I settled on Everbody's Got Somebody But Me By Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz. I started with the picking and people started to look. 

"I wish the couple on the corner would just get a room, seems like everyone around me's on their honeymoon, I loved to take a pin to all hear shaped balloons, everybody got somebody but me, I don't know how I landed on this movie set, it's like a casting call for Romeo and Juliet, I never would have notice, if we'd never met, but everybody got somebody but me. And I miss you, without I just don't fit in, I know we're through, but I'm wishing we could try it again. I hear love songs playing on the radio, people slow dancing everywhere I go, I'm a good slow dancer but you'd never know, cuz' everybody got somebody but me.And I miss you, without I just don't fit in, I know we're through, but I'm wishing we could try it again. Sittin' here lonely at a table for two, watchin' lover's being lovers in the corner booth, seems like ever cupid don't know what to do, cuz' everybody got somebody but me. Everybody, got somebody, yeah everybody got somebody but me." I sing. I finish and I see a crowd of people. Thomas is at the back and Blake is sitting beside me. I look at the man selling the guitar. "Can I buy it?" I ask the man. 

"You can take it!" He says and I give him a 20 for it anyways. It came with a case. I put it in it's case and walked to the back for me and Blake to meet up with Thomas. 

"Wow, just holy wow, and left handed too." Thomas commends me. I blush. 

"This might sound so stalkerish, but I know you can play left handed too, I can't play right though." I blush deeper. He laughs and we continue to walk until I see a music store. I tell the boys this time and walk in. The guitars strings were worn and I'm thinking it'll need a new tuning nob soon. 

"Ello ma'am." The clerk greets. 

"Hi!" I greet back and walk to the guitar section. I grab some strings and open the guitar case. I make sure they are the right ones. 

"Whoa! That guitar is bad ass!" I hear a voice behind me. It was a young boy, maybe a bit older than I, in a store uniform.

"Thanks." I say, not really sure how to handle the situation. 

"Need help stringin'? You can pay for them later." I was thankful at this offer because I wasn't to sure how to string a guitar. I nodded and he came and sat next to me. "What's your name and have I seen you around before?" He asks. I shrug.

"You probably haven't seen me around. This is my first time in New Mexico." I answer. He nods. 

"Well my names Mathew, and yours?" He inquires again.

"Savanna." I say, he continues to teach me how to string the guitar when the boys walk in. They had gone to get drinks. They got greeted like myself and the made their way over. When they saw Mathew, Thomas look like he was happy for me, but Blake looked like he was going to blow a fuse. 

"Can you play?" Mathew asked.

"Now, why would I buy a guitar of this value if I couldn't play." I laughed.

"To learn?" He asked unsure.

"I can play." 

"Prove it." Just then Thomas walked over and handed me a hot drink, with HOT CHOCOLATE written in big bold letters. Then he walked away. "Family?" I shook my head.

"Friends." I reply picking at the guitar, doin the intro to Everybody Got Somebody But Me  again. When I finished that Mathew clapped. I got to the cashier and found the nob. The cashier rang it through. 

"That'll be 26.30$." I go into my purse and pull out a 20 and a 10. Mathew grabs the recipt and hen hands it back to the man behind the counter. He gives me my change and my receipt, on the back of it, is Mathew's number and it says Call me? I walk out of the store to see the boys waiting outside.