하나

I pulled the gun out of my pocket.

I pulled it level to his face.

I pulled the trigger.

"Pow!" I said as water splashed all over his face.

"You got meeee~" My father groaned as he faked his death. I giggled as I ran over and tackled him innocently. 

"Yoongi~ Jihoon~ Dinner is ready," my mother called out to us. I ran excitedly over to my mother.

"Ah, ah, ah, not so fast Yoongi. Go get a towel and dry you and your father off," She ordered.

"Yes ma~" I ran inside the house in search of a towel on that hot summer day.

Then I heard them. I heard arguing from outside. I heard my mother run in the house.

"Yoongi! Hide, quickly!" My mother shoved me into a nearby closet.

Pow

xxx

I gasped as I woke up.

Fuck, I said in my head as I ran my fingers through my messy black hair.

Same dream. Same memory. Always replaying. 

I pulled myself out of my "bed" which is basically a blanket and a pillow thrown onto a splintery floor. 

I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. Delicately, I ran my slim, boney finger across the scar that cursed my face. 

Pathetic, I thought as I stared at the scar. A display of vulnerability, of weakness, of a coward, of my worst nightmare. A nightmare that's repeated every night, reminding me of the time that I want to forget so badly.

Pathetic.

I dressed myself with the handful of clothes I owned along with a satgat hat to cover my appearance. 

Time for work. 

xxx

"Mornin'," said a villager as I passed by.

"M-Mornin'," I coughed out as if speaking was such a hard task for me. The man raised an eyebrow. I pulled my hat even lower onto my head.

I must not be seen. 

There are a lot of villagers out today. Everyone's busy tending to their shambles of a storefront. Men yell out to try whatever product they're selling.  

Must be a weekend. I don't keep track of the days of the week anymore. 

"You there! Young man you lookin' to buy some nice, fresh cabbages? Quality cabbages are sold here. The best in Min village!" He hung onto my shoulder.