James: Two

I don't know how I thought today was going to go, but whatever I thought, it didn't happen.

I had another nightmare August 31st, so I slept in late. Not great when you have to get up hours before 11:00. What I'm trying to say is, I missed breakfast. We drove so fast to King's Cross, it's surprising that we almost missed the train. When I hopped onto the train, I finally had time to relax. Fred came and found me, and we sat down in a compartment to relax.

Lorcan joined us as well, holding a Pygmy Puff and gently stuffing food in its mouth. Lorcan sat down and sighed.

"Lysander and Lily are talking up a storm. It's so unlike him, but whenever-"

I laughed "Lily's around, he comes out of his shell? Lily does that. I think it's just because she's such a sweet person."

Lorcan shook his head in disagreement "No. Lysander is like our great grandfather, according to our grandpa. Reserved and quiet, even to the nicest of people. It doesn't matter how sweet Lily is."

Fred, Lorcan, and I laughed as the thought of Lysander and Lily in the future danced across our imaginations. I didn't think that would be, but it was funny to think about.
*
We'd been on the Hogwarts Express for an hour or so when we heard the trolley witch's voice come up the aisle. When she stopped in front of our compartment, she peered in and smiled fondly.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" she asked, sweetly.

I stood up and looked across the trolley of desserts. I looked up at the sound of a girl's voice and turned instantly red.

"Can I have a licorice wand?" she asked.

The trolley witch handed one to Katie and Katie handed her three bronze Knuts. Katie smiled in thanks and turned back to her compartment. I blushed and went back to the trolley.

"I'll have- um.... a Chocolate Frog and two Pumpkin Pasties, please?"

I paid for my sweets and sat back down. Lorcan looked at me and said;

"Do you have a crush on Katie Wood?"

I looked at him and shook my head "No. No. No, no, no. I just... admire her... skill... in..... Quidditch."

Fred nodded and squinted his eyes "Yeah. Sure, mate." he winked at me, then started to laugh; hitting me harshly, but teasingly in the arm.

"It's true, Fred!" I yelled as I shoved a pumpkin pasty in mouth before hitting him back. Our rides to Hogwarts always turned into something like this.