𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 九

_______________________________

❝ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 ❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟗 | 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃「姿を消す」sᴜɴᴀs ᴘᴏᴠ

sᴜɴᴀs ᴘᴏᴠ

❝ —𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦
𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 ❞

_______________________________

SUNA WAITED AT THE POND, trying to contain the huge smile that wouldn't leave his face. It was well past dinner time by now, yet he held out hope that you would arrive. He didn't mind if you were late, as long as you came everything would be ok.

Second after second, minute after minute, the hours kept adding up until it was nearing midnight. Yet he kept waiting until he finally concluded that you weren't going to show up, that you broke your promise to him.

The smile on his face slowly died into a frown as the hours passed by. He despairingly took down all of the stars he hung up, tears glossed over his eyes, reflecting in the moonlight as they silently fell down his cheeks with every blink. Your absence hurt him in a way he couldn't comprehend.

As he finished packing everything he had hanging on the trees, he walked towards the direction of your house, rubbing his red, swollen eyes. Walking up to the front door, he knocked three times, expecting someone to open it. But no one ever did. He knocked again, and again, and again, but to no avail.

He took the complete silence and rejection as an answer and miserably made his way back to his house. His desolate feelings came to light while quietly walking and he cried once again. The gleam emitting from the moon reflected the glint of tears that streaked down his puffy face.

He cried until he reached his house, throat and eyes feeling dry from the moisture that left his body. What did he do to deserve this?

● ● ●

You were his escape from his home life and now that you were gone he had to fill that void with something.

Of course he missed you and cried for you to come back after you left, he even went as far as doing the things you guys used to do together to mend his attachment towards you. He caught frogs, built forts out of chairs and blankets to watch movies in, he even played various games with balls even though he had no one to pass them to.

He would faintly laugh at the memories that would make its way into his head, the ball hitting your face on multiple occasions when you got too cocky, the tent falling down while watching a scary movie and popcorn flying all over the place, the traumatizing 'mud' stick situation, he always held a bittersweet smile at these memories.

Among the games he would play to distract himself from you, volleyball stood out, and he found himself enjoying it the most. Volleyball became his escape from his cruel life and it blocked any unwanted memories from your guy's time spent together.

Eventually, his step dad got arrested just a few months later when the neighbors reported loud yelling and banging. Further investigation led to the revelation of Suna's abuse.

Even if you weren't there for him, volleyball was, and he continued playing volleyball up till now, it was the only thing that got him through rough times. It was always there for him, it would never leave him. Volleyball truly was his only best friend.

Suna waited for you to come back for him, he thought maybe you went on a vacation since no one answered the door when he knocked, but soon, a 'For Sale' sign confirmed his unwanted beliefs. No one announced your move, no one even talked about it, not even the teacher. It was as if you disappeared.

Slowly but surely, Suna grew tired of waiting for you, anger started to bubble up towards you at the fact that you left him without a word the day he needed you most. He took a harsh beating for you and left home early in the morning with very little sleep, yet he didn't regret it at all, and that fact made him even more mad.

He'd relive that night over and over again for you if he knew the outcome of his hard work would put a smile on your face, but you never got to see it and he was just left hurt in the end.

What was he expecting? All his life he's only ever been hurt and left out. It's like you being in his life was just a tease, he finally got a taste of what happiness felt like, it was so sweet and smooth, like honey. This was a taste he'd want to experience forever, but that taste soon turned into something sour, it expired and he couldn't stand it. You left a bitter aftertaste in this aspect of his life.

As anger and resentment grew in him towards you, he closed himself off, promising to never talk or make friends with anyone. He became cold, distant, his body language and demeanor visibly reflected that.

Soon after his 'dads' arrest, he moved in with his own grandparents to Hyogo, miles away from Tokyo, after they had heard what happened with his step dad and decided to take custody. His situation reminded him of you and your grandparents, memories surfaced of the movie nights at your house but he pushed that thought to the back of his mind, trying to forget you.

Even if you did come back, you would most likely would go back to Tokyo and he wouldn't want anything to do with you if you crossed paths again. At least that's what he wanted to believe. You hurt him more than his stepdad ever did, yet he'd still never hate you.

He laughed bitterly at his unfair situation. The sad social reject happy? He would never let anyone get the chance to see that, again, in fear of getting it taken from him once more.

What did an 11 year old do to deserve this?
_______________________________