Chapter five

Asami's Pov

We sat next to the fire, finally eating actal food.

Asami: This is the best sandwich I have ever tasted in my whole life.

Korra: You know they're a day old, but when you are starving, everything tastes like fine cuisine.

Asami: Yeah, I wouldn't mind normal food. I have a craving for some skewers. They are my favorite.

Korra: well you won't see skewers for a while. We are lucky enough to have airplane food, even if it tastes like an old sock and the island has fresh water. It is like we won the lottery.

Asami: We could still drink rain water, right?

Korra: We could, but it would be inefficient. Not to mention that there could be no rain for weeks

Asami: We would be dead in a few days!

Korra: Naw, we could still desalinate sea water

Asami: ugh, I remember that from chem class. Wait, thats heating up the water and collecting the salt, right?

Korra: Oh, you actually remember something from school.

Asami: rude, anyways it doesn't matter. I don't know how to actually do it.

Korra: well, the easiest way is to get two different sized bowls and a plastic wrap. Then you put the small bowl into the bigger one, cover everything with the plastic wrap and place a small stone on top of the foil dips in the center. We'd put it under the sun and as condensation forms, freshwater droplets will drip from the plastic wrap into the cup. Easy but it takes time. Luckily, we don't have to do this.

Asami: and how the fuck do you remeber that shit by heart.

Korra: it is a basic, pretty face.

Asami: Basic my ass, it is far from basic and you know

Korra: I was in the scouts for a while and because of that I had multiple occasions to spend a couple of hour alone in the woods.

Asami: hmm, that explains a lot. The campfire, now the salt water thing. Maybe you are a teenage version of Bear Grylls after all!

Korra: I am not a teenager and what is with that look? Don't you think you are on vacation, princess. You can still move your ass and help me with this mess.

I rolled my eyes at her comment.

Korra: any who do you fill any better?

Asami: a lot better, thanks

Korra: no problem and good that is good

Asami: can I ask yo something

Korra: hit me

Asami: Did you really have to undress me?

Korra: *clears her throat* um - I thought we were past this topic

Asami: well it bothers me

Korra: I had to cut your dress to get to the wound

Asami: that was my favorite dress

Korra: Well the sucks, I would've left you with the whole in the dress but- um , you weren't wearing a bra. I cut too much so I thought why not put on new clothes. Don't worry it wasn't a pleasure for me, pretty face.

Asami: wait, so have you seen me bo-

Korra: yes for a second, I mean I didn't have a choice, but I wasn't paying attention.

Asami: How am I supposed to believe that?

Korra: well, I guess you will have to trust me, oh and case you forgot, I saw you in the lake, pretty face *winks*