Chapter thirteen

- Republic City -

Tonraq: that is bullshit,They can not just cut the whole investigation now!

Chief Beifong: It has been almost two weeks without any results. You know how it works.

Tonraq: I told you they were searching the wrong area.

Chief Beifong: And I told you how it would look with the press. Think about the FBI and our city's reputation.

Tonraq: Think about the passengers and their families! You can not leave us with the case open

Chief Beifong: we have a limited budget and you know that Tonraq. They won't magically find money for the second rescue mission. We need to consider that the plane is indeed lost. Who knows? Maybe after a couple of weeks they will reopen it. For now it is over.

Tonraq: they can't just leave it.

Chief Beifong: believe me when I say it is the best solution. Close the door when you leave. It is disappointing to see you so unreasonable, Water.

Tonraq It's my daughter we are talking about. I need to know what happened.

Chief Beifong: Tonraq, I will tell you what happened. Nobody survived that crash. Your daughter is not on a deserted island, singing crazy on the beach and waiting for help. I know it hurts, but let's face reality.

- on the island -

Asami's Pov

Korra: the north area is checked. No wolves.

Asami: that is good

Korra: I set up traps and one alarm, so watch out when you are going to the waterfall.

Asami: okey dokey

Korra: what are you doing?

Asami: can you stop trying to sneak up on me? How is your wound? Does it still hurt?

Korra: It is getting better. Are you drawing?

Asami: I am still seeing if I am good at it

Korra: wow. This is incredible, wait is this me?

Asami: Thanks and yes it is only a few sketches, nothing special, plus you are like the only reference I got. To be honest, I need to work more on shadowing

Korra: It is perfect

Asami: you are right I should definity draw more when we get home, well if we get back home. It would be different then looking at sketches of a new product.

Korra: great idea, is that a dog in the corner?

Asami: look at you, paying attention to the details.

Korra: it was a pleasure to watch you. When you are so into it. I can see the passion, that is all. You must really like it.

Asami: when you mention that all I could remember is our last fight.

Korra: at the campfire ?

Asami: yeah, I am sorry for that. I didn't mean what I said. You just *breaths in* you were too judgy. I felt like I should protect what I love.

Korra: well I can't blame you. I just assumed some things about you. I shouldn't have done that.

Asami: you were right. I do work too much. sometimes in a very self destructive way. It is just hard to stop. I have to try to balance it when we come back home.

Korra: I hope you can do it. Lets just say I had a similar problem when it came to fighting. Some people didn't understand how much I could sacrifice to do what I love. If some stranger started to analyze me and assume things about my life, I would be upset like you. Can we just forget about it?