Chapter nineteen

Asami's Pov

    Hm, she is teasing with me, maybe I could play her game too?

Asami: Oh.. I am not sure what I meant

I slowly spirit every single word, noticing how she gets all sweaty.

Asami: but if I had to take a guess... It would be... Korra, she's just a ... Jerkass *laughs*

Korra: very funny, Sato

Asami: how is it tasting your own medicine?

Korra:I did deserved that, didn't I

That was it. Another chance to wander away from that topic, again.
As I stopped laughing, I noticed that Korra was not in a goofy mood. What was it? Anger? Disappointment?  She looked so serious.

Korra: is this your strategy now? Walking around with sexy outfits and then-

Asami: sexy outfits? Where?

Korra: you know what I mean.

Asami: I did it for fun

Korra: Of course. Wearing sexy outfits "for fun", and then tip-toeing around the subject when it was getting serious?

Asami: uh- I am gonna go and swim

Korra: what? Now? Ugh.

I went into the ocean and she ran after me

Korra: Hey, wait. You won't get away with that.

Asami: what is your deal, Waters?

Korra: My deal is I am not stupid, Asami. You can cut the tension with a knife. This whole week was hard and if we don't do anything about it we will both go nuts.

Asami: So what do you want from me?

Korra: I want you to be honest with me, and if you say one word. I will back off.

Asami: You are just saying that, but you are not ready to hear the truth.

Korra: yeah? Try me.

She grabbed my arm, her impatient gaze met my eyes again. I finally had the chance to say it. That I slowly fell for my savior. That I couldn't count how many times I depicted the two of us together.

Korra: Shall we start once again? I am what, Asami?

I was standing there, afraid. Afraid of my insecurities. Afraid of her rejection, but that was it. I had to let it go.

Asami: you are perfect, too perfect to let you go and I am so tired of pretending that I don't see it.

Silence.

Korra: you are not the only one who is tired of pretending.

My heart stopped the second Korra pulled me against her chest. It wasn't our first kiss, but it certainly looked like that. I could feel that it was something that she has been waiting for far too long. This time, Korra had my permission. Once she got it, she couldn't stop, and I did not want her too. I would lie if I said the whole world around us faded away, as much as I wanted it. I kept being haunted by the world we have left behind us.

Asami: you will be the death of me

Korra: was it that bad?

Asami: no not at all, it was quite the opposite

Korra: Asami?

Asami: don't you have a girlfriend?

Korra: don't you have a boyfriend?