Nightmare One

VENUS POV

The soft and fresh wind from the completely grilled window magnetized me towards it. The view outside was absolutely beautiful. I place the book down on the nearby table. I am jealous of the wind. It has something that I don't have. Freedom. Freedom to move everywhere in this huge world. Freedom to do whatever it wants. How lucky it is?

I rub my arm to give heat to my cold body. Memories of previous happenings flooded.

....... FLASHBACK .......

I was planning this for days. The open window was always luring me to go out. Now finally he let me alone in the room. Perfect! I have to get out of this hell soon. I take out the rope from its hiding spot that I stole from the kitchen. I tie one end of it to the half-length grill and put the other part down.

The rope perfectly fell on the ground. I was excited and scared. If the plan goes smooth, I will reach the freedom I craved for if not... That thought of 'if not' made my body shiver. I convinced myself everything is going to be fine and climbed down the rope.

The moment my legs touched the ground, I ran like a manic. I don't know where I am going but hoped I reach the exit. I ran for almost how long I don't know. My legs were tired. I was breathing heavily. But I never gave up nor stoped. I turn around to check if someone is behind me and... and... I saw Adonis leaning on a tree, holding a gun pointing towards me.

My body began trembling. He came towards me in his signature calm but dangerous style. When he was a foot away from me, I ran again. My instincts said me to. I flinch from the gun sound and fall on my stomach on the muddy ground. I felt a striking pain in my calf muscle. I tilt my torso up to see the spot of pain.

Blood was oozing out of a hollow spot. HE SHOT ME. It was too painful. Tears run down my cheeks and my lips trembled as I saw Adonis coming near me. I tried to crawl but my wounded leg did not support it. He crouched down to my level, his dark eyes never leaving mine.

"Let me go" I talked with the little strength my body had.

He took out the silver dagger that I remember seeing the first day. He placed its apex on my cheek and traced it down my neck. I gasped as he cut the straps of the white nightgown I was wearing. I cover my bare chest quickly.

He pushed me, making my head hit the hard ground. He pinned my hands on either side, allowing him to see what I tried to restrict.

"If you cooperate... I will stop with one punishment" He got up and took my leg in his hand.

I tried to pull away but he responded by crushing my ankle bone. He traced the sharp dagger along my sensitive sole. I scream as the knife cuts through my flesh. My screams echo in the silent forest but he was unmoved. He was smiling at my misery instead.

I could not take it any longer. I think my life is going to end.

Great!

I feel like I am drifting into sleep. I want this sleep to be longer.

....... END OF FLASHBACK .......

But I am still alive. The inflict of my disappointment. That day was just one of my many nightmares. Nightmares that happened. I blankly stare at the withered-out cherry tree. It looked pitiful... just like me.

"My lady" Miss Adele disturbed my thoughts. She is the only human interaction I have.

Adonis... nope, I don't consider him as human.

He is a monster from Mount Etna

(Mount Etna is a mountain in Sicily beneath which monsters live according to Greek Mythology)

WORDS: 667