12

"I haven't seen Xiaojun around lately" you flipped your hair in an attempt to carry on with your work at a faster pace, nails grasping the pen. You'd hope Hendery would reassure you his brother was okay or at least nod in response. Instead, the guy disregarded your comment and added the last of the notes.
It wasn't very easy to read, Hendery especially when it involved Xiaojun, as if it were a sin to speak about the guy, what is he a god?
Slowly you began realizing he wasn't one to gossip for no reason and he sure as hell didn't let his emotions get the best of him. Even though his brother often threw nonsense around and put him under the toughest situations, Hen never caved in.

If only I could do the same..

Amid your thoughts, you lost track of time, yet again, a sigh escaping as you jot down the date.
"Can I copy today's notes?" you asked your friend, a sheepish smile curving. Hendery, pressed his lips as he looked up at the ceiling, "What's in it for me?" he taunted you, chuckling at your puzzled expression, and handed you the green notebook, "Just keep in mind, I won't always be around" you hummed in response, turning to the side of the classroom as a couple of murmurs overlap hendery's voice.

Finally, you remembered the talk you had with Lucas the other night, eyes fixed on the person you've been meaning to have a conversation with. Haon was definitely not your typical group of people you associated yourself with, if anything he's the type your mom warn you about, claiming they brought nothing, but bad luck. Wish you thought the same about him you rolled your eyes smiling at the thought of your mom's contradictions. "You shouldn't mess with him" Hendery's tone was stern, gaze revising what he just wrote down, double-checking he got everything important before fully passing you the notes. "I'm not, just need a few answers" you replied with a wide grin, Haon had been chewing on the cap of his pen, cheek resting against the palm of his hand, listening to whatever the guy sitting beside him was sharing. He looked pretty intimidating, but something about his face made you doubt he was entirely bad news. Every bad boy has a soft spot you repeated inside your head, building up the confidence you managed to gain from last night. Ten you smiled at the cheesy moments currently invading your train of thought and pictured him next to you this very second.

"Very well, I suppose you know what you're doing, I'll just say this, Ten is a jealous guy maybe he's not great at showing it, but he'll give you the cold shoulder so.. Make it quick" Hendery's brows raised, hand holding onto his backpack strap as he said his last farewell. You didn't get a chance to say anything in regards to his comment, juggling between your mission and Ten's jealousy. It's not like you were trying to hit on Haon you simply needed some information and he happened to be the only person who was closest to this Jaehyun guy. You sighed for the second time, seeing as many students exit the classroom, leaving you, Haon, and his friend only.

You gulped meeting with his expressionless gaze, pupils completely black or the deepest shade of oat. "Do you mind?" Haon was the first to speak a hand pointing at the door, signaling for you to leave the room. Hm? You gathered your belongings not entirely sure what he meant by it, you guessed he didn't read your body language like you were under the impression he did. As you zip your bag, you stood up, pushing the chair back to its original spot, and instead of heading towards the entrance, your feet traveled to where the other two were currently lighting half of a blunt. Lucas, you're a lifesaver with that you dragged out your rolled-up weed, "I have more" you said to them, earning their attention, Haon let out some smoke after taking the first hit, his friend happier than ever as he received your share.

"Don't you hang out with those snobby fuckers" you shifted your wide eyes at the male, who was leaning against the table, noticing how long his hair really was, Haon could pass as one of those yaoi men, your cloudy mind wasn't helping at all, at last, you snapped back to reality, flashing him a mashed smile. "Snobby? Umm.. I wouldn't put it that way-"

"Yeah well, to me they're snobby ass fuckers." maybe he was exactly the type of person your mom described, and perhaps Jaehyun was just as bad, you felt small despite him not doing much, his strong aura was enough.

"Anyway, what do you want? No one gives free weed unless they want something in return so just say it" you must've been quiet for too long, leaving Haon to carry on with the conversation, this was your shot you either ask now or wait until the next opportunity presents itself, and that would be probably never. C'mon just say it, what's the worst that could happen? Your mouth opened, but nothing came out and if there ever was a moment you wished didn't happen this would precisely be one. "Mark, let's get out of here don't want either Ten or Xiao's click to start shit" Mark? Oh right. You would then yank at Hao's backpack, compelling him to flip over and be met with your face, a little closer than you were aiming for.

"Oh, so you're confessing?" he smirked, Mark, placing a hand over his lips as he grinned at the scene, "No- umm.. Can I just talk with you for a second?" you mustered your best face, backing away from the guy, Haon gave a quick nod to his friend in which, Mark took it as being dismissed.
"Y/n right? So you finally figured it out, I'm assuming" you looked at him in shock, confused by his words, "Huh?"

"Your dad told you about me, right? I honestly don't care if you find it annoying, but it's a job and I guess this is his way of showing he cares or whatever" out of all things you never imagined your dad being brought up, it's been a while since you last heard of him and this wasn't making any sense. You came here to ask about Jaehyun and help a friend, why on earth is he bringing up the person you don't want to hear about?

"What the hell are you talking about? My dad did what?" your demeanor surprised the guy, Haon let out a chuckle his arm hiding the smile he couldn't get rid of, you were beginning to grow impatient with the lack of responses he suddenly had and gripped your fist tighter, digging into the skin. "Maybe you should give him a call and ask him yourself" Haon suggested, taking some more puffs from his blunt.

"You already opened your mouth this much, why don't you just tell her?" Ten remained in the doorframe, hands inside his jacket. You were unable to read him properly, considering he's been staring at Haon with such fierce shade, confused as much as you were hiding behind that tough act. For once Ten felt uneasy.

"Fine," the long hair guy said.

"What do you mean you left them in class? This isn't like you, Kun" Xiaojun marched inside the classroom rummaging through the various books that were placed in the back. He was more annoyed at the fact his dearest friend decided to call him last minute rather than Kun forgetting his items.

"Excuse me" a man barely called out, Xiaojun didn't bother confronting the person and browse through the pages searching for Kun's name. "One second" he muttered, holding onto the phone with his shoulder when eventually he came across the objects he's been looking for. Xiaojun swiftly made a turn and clutch onto the book's cover once he locked eyes with the stranger he once was friends with,

"Johnny?"

Things were bound to blossom into what they really were meant to be. Regardless of what they both wanted, they met with their old faith and prayed they could turn back time and restart all over again. Unfortunately, no one could cheat no matter how much power or money they possess, you can't simply run away.