17

"She's like a mystery, you know? Like one of those cold-blooded cases that have no end, and when you least expect it the truth is revealed, ah, but you see it's not the truth you wished to know" Yangyang, laid over the sofa, legs spread as he allowed one to remain over the floor. Though his voice carried such sarcasm, Ten couldn't avoid the obvious concern clinging underneath those silly assumptions. They didn't know much about her now that he thinks thoroughly. Nor does Y/n seem to be open when the opportunity presents itself. Then again he isn't one to talk about personal issues as often. This was different, this was fresh. He can't imagine being in this position if it was him three years ago. Yangyang had a point, but was he going to admit it to him? Hell no, "You watch too much k-dramas, dude" Ten passes by the other, smacking his head.

Things were beginning to turn around for the couple. There was no way he was going to ruin this for them, not yet at least. However, he couldn't ignore the only thing that stayed in his mind 'She's like a mystery' that was a valid fact. No matter how much he intended to trust her it wasn't enough. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing wanting to know more information about the person you're with, or is it?

On his way to school that day, Ten chose to walk rather than ask one of the drivers to escort him. He wasn't really on campus thinking the lighting from his actual home was a lot better, but these days school was pleasant. Despite giving up his daily drawing with the beautiful streaks of sunlight he exchanged it for something far more beautiful.
"Ten, right?" His husky tone would bring the dazed guy from his thoughts. He'd shift to the stranger. Haon? Ten quiz himself mentally, remembering how fired up Y/n looked the moment the thug shared who he was working for. Ah, that's right her father he'd go over the highlights. "Hm?" he'd tilt his head, waiting for him to continue, unsure of Haon's random approach. It's not like they have any classes or are in the same group of friends. "Just a little advice. You should be careful who you involve yourself with. You have no idea what her dad is capable of" is he seriously trying to scare me off? Does he have any idea who my family is? Scum.
Ten wasn't fazed by the lackey, staring at him with the identical glare he was receiving, "Fuck off" he retorted, bumping into Haon's shoulder as he carried on with the route.
"Don't say I didn't warn you" the long-haired guy stood there, a menacing smirk curving as the other immediately turned around, "What the fuck is your deal, fucker? Say whatever you gotta say or shut the fuck up before I show you what, I'm capable of" When Ten's friend's claimed him to be the moody one they must've forgotten to add he was also short-tempered, a smart-mouth, and he knew exactly what to say to induce far more pain. He wasn't one to be messed with when being poked at and people didn't realize that they were potentially dragging themselves into. Haon didn't feel threatened, almost as if he knew how the guy would react. Ten was growing irritated, "You see, I don't think it's my place, however, you are making it quite difficult to fulfill this task for me. How about this?" the wet locks dangled as Haon circled him, "No, no, listen to me I could give less of a fuck how difficult I'm making your job. Just stay away from, Y/n and me, if you don't want any problems" The boy hesitated as he dislikes using his parents, flashing the other a badge with his name, companies name, and photo. Clearly stating what kind of power he obtained. Anyone who knew of them and their company knew damn well not to be foolish messing with people with such authority, especially with a low-class thug like Haon.

-

"You were late weren't you" the school seemed to be getting colder these days, Ten placed an arm over your shoulder. Both of you walk over various leaves, heading for your next class. You weren't suspecting anything but when he stayed silent as you leaned in attempting to get his attention you knew it was either his parents or Xiaojun. You were caught off guard with this old face taking you back to when you were confronted with the ten you first met. Though it wasn't that long it sure as hell seemed like decades when the two of you clashed paths, who would've thought the person you swore hated your guts would be embracing you in such a loving way? You giggled, sending vibrations against his chest. Ten smiled, staring down at your lit-up face, nuzzling his cheek with your forehead, "What are you thinking?" he was back to his old self, landing a peck on your cheek. You both didn't have long before arriving at your next destination. He brought you to a complete stop, pulling onto your hand so you'd be meeting gazes. He's so annoying you thought as you could already feel the usual crimson decorating across your face, "I'm not answering until you tell me why you were late" a  chuckle escaped within his melony buds as if he was pleading with the softest expression he could make, hoping to convince you. But you weren't falling for it. "C'mon?" you'd say in a low tone. Eventually, he gave up shaking his head at how weak he's gotten the more time you spent together. Is this what those random guys talked about while during p.e? Claiming someone changes the minute they start having a partner? He wouldn't know as he's never been serious with anyone. They've only been lousy hookups and mindless flirting online or during school. "Fine" you huffed wondering why his serious face caused such worries, "I was thinking of the first time we met, you forced me out of my room and wouldn't let go, then I remembered all those times you ignored me purposely-" before you could continue with the rant, Ten cut in between, bringing you in for a kiss. This one was much more gentle, the way his lips mildly rolled opposite of yours and his hands currently cupped you so you'd be closer to him.

Life will never give anyone a break, he understood that, yet he wanted to possess the time and make it all go away. The pain, the conflicts, and the never-ending thoughts. As of now, there wasn't anything that could keep him away from you even if he wanted to he knew that wasn't happening. He supposed time will tell and whatever needed to unfold would do so when the moment rises. For now, he chose to keep you where you were safe and resume with the next chapter.

"Gross!" Yangyang acted as if he was vomiting his upper body hovering over a bush, Lucas alongside. "Oh to be young and in love" the taller one commented, approving of the sweet encounter.