13

The energy switched equivalent to their moods, leaves clashing with the glass as the wind picked up. Y/n's real disguise was being revealed and Ten happened to be the only witness, out of all people why him? She cursed to herself mentally, losing the last ounce of patience she had left. Haon had stated he will only speak after they get a response from his boss and now Ten and Y/n were seated watching the thug finish the remainder of his herb.

"Your dad got back to me" Haon announced, causing you to scoff at the word, he threw his cell phone inside the leather jacket amused by your reaction. This was one of the many reasons your dad handed him the job, he knew Haon wasn't one to take interest in business, that didn't concern him, and wouldn't mind giving you a taste of your own medicine, if needed, of course.
"He wanted me to let you know that he's always alert of your whereabouts and new arrangements" the male would then look over at Ten, "Yeah I'm aware" you snapped at him, regaining his attention. "Yup I wouldn't expect any less from that man, he somehow manages to stick around like a curse" you nearly forgot you weren't alone and went from Haon and Ten, both of them wearing confused expressions, Haon however seemed more upset
"At least he's trying" your dad's lackey retorted stepping towards you. You rolled your eyes at the cheap excuse, quickly getting out of the chair, and yanked your backpack along with Ten.

"I don't recall asking for your opinion, and next time you decide to imply such ridiculous statements make sure you do your research. You know nothing!" you were about to exit the room when suddenly that memory of the father you once knew ran through your mind like some old rerun tape, "I see you're also good at holding grudges, like father like daughter" Haon's words stung worse than daggers, you've heard that before and it's gotten old. Your mom doesn't forget to remind you whenever she gets the chance and the last person who threw it in your face was your grandmother after rejecting a car ride. In return, she begged you to have dinner with her and your father.

If you were to give in perhaps that's what your father and Haon were trying to aim for? It didn't matter, what just happened to build up wanted to break free. You then felt a squeeze and remembered you weren't entirely alone.

"Can you deliver a message to my dad for me?" you turned to confront the thug once more, unfazed, "Get new guard dogs. You know.. some that won't be too obvious and cut the barking"

Haon was left speechless, both hands remained over his belt, a way to restrain himself from lashing out at you. It's not like he could disrespect his boss's daughter, and treat you like any other meat he'd been used to. You could care less, your vision seeing nothing, but red, why doesn't he get the memo? You wanted nothing to do with him; it's as if you were demanding the opposite.

Ten had planned this little surprise visit with the intention of, giving you a drawing he'd been working on. It probably meant more than he disagrees; it was since he managed to keep it a secret and forbid everyone to not think about snooping through his sketchbook that week. He was about to pull it out when suddenly he recalls maybe this would be bad timing.

"Wanna get some ice cream?" he suggested, adoring how your eyebrows literally met at how knitted they formed. "I'm not that hungry" you sternly replied. The boy isn't familiar with this side of you, he wanted to magically make it all go away, but he was aware some lines shouldn't be crossed, especially when it involved family. Ten might not know exactly what kind of pain your father made you go through for you to be this angry at him, however, he can resonate with the urge of wanting to make someone feel the pain they caused. Even if it means they feel at least one percent of it and from the looks of it, you must be very important to have someone hire a spy and have you watch daily. You were too focused on figuring out how your dad found out this time that you didn't realize the person beside you had been staring at you as he held onto your locked fingers, "I'm sorry" then it finally hit you.

Ten, unfortunately, had to see a part of you that you were hiding so well. No one was supposed to find out you were not only running away from an old town, but you were also fleeing from the grounds your father owned, and him, all together. There wasn't a day that went by without someone recognizing your face or simply guarding you against any sort of danger despite you complaining you didn't need his help, he was constantly around, hidden away, but had his guard dogs do the job. You weren't proud of him like he claimed you'd be one day, the life he chose wasn't life and it was even more infuriating to you that he knows that.

"You don't need to apologize. The ice cream offer is still available" he says with a beaming smile, you couldn't contain it any longer and landed a peck on his cheek, his lips curving as he felt the warmth of yours. "Then I'll gladly accept" you would respond, laying your head on his shoulder. Could it be that maybe the universe didn't hate you, entirely? Ten leaned his head the slightest bit, resting it over you as you two carried on with the walk. Nothing needed to be said as long as he had you in his arms, he knew time was limited and if this moment granted you both with these sweet moments he wouldn't trade any of it.

Xiaojun.

"Johnny?" His words were indeed real and he was confronted with someone he swore he'd never see again. The taller guy had a broomstick in his hand, staring at the other in disbelief, he knew this scene was bound to happen because, unlike Xiaojun, he believed they deserved a second chance. Johnny wasn't one to lose, he didn't take it well and it'd be a miracle if he ever forgave himself for giving up. It's been a little over six years, yet he still looks the same, he thought as he analyzed his childhood friend from head to toe, blonde? His nose would then scrunch up, balancing the broom against the table, "So this is where you've been hiding?" He glanced around the room, Xiaojun simply nodded, palms rubbing over his uniform in an attempt to get rid of the sweat, lost in the way, Johnny smiled as he grasped every detail the classroom had. Some things never change, he'd always been the kind to get excited with anything new or things he wasn't accustomed to. Once he made Johnny a paper plane, out of newspaper adding a couple of ornaments, not your typical paper plane usually has, Johnny loved it saying it was the first gift someone had ever made with their own hands.

"What are you doing here?" the blonde questioned, throwing the memory aside and tried focusing, "Working, and what about you?" Xiaojun's eyes saw his friend's name over the navy blue, engraved with a much lighter shade to think that would have been him if he stayed in their old neighborhood. "I go here" he replied, setting Kun's book down. Johnny hummed, resting his hands over the metal, "Fancy much?" he chuckled, locking gazes with those honey orbs he often thought were like pools of maple syrup with a hint of citrus in the middle
"Funny thing is, I knew you were doing good and getting the proper care you needed. It's nice to see you again, old friend" Xiaojun didn't think he'd ever heard those phrases come out and he never imagined they'd have this much effect either, he was certain it was the universe's way of laughing back at him just when he had found someone who fit the perfect script he has worked on ever since the reality of this new world.

"Likewise, friend" that word didn't settle right with him, he bickered with himself wondering if, what they did those times they were hiding in the treehouse were things friends do, do friends kiss and hold hands? That is what Xiaojun wanted to really ask Johnny, nothing was coming out, and he was growing impatient. "What's the matter? You're doing that face you do whenever something is wrong" Johnny cracked, yet another laugh, this time stepping closer, getting rid of the space between the two. He froze completely, the Johnny, his Johnny he knew back then was no longer at sight, he transformed into this stranger he's forced to meet. If only time could turn back to those days in the treehouse.

"You don't know me, I'm not the same person I was back then, Johnny" Xiaojun admitted with a firm tone, the glow in his eyes no longer there like it usually is, he sure knows how to control his emotions, now that's for sure, but that didn't change the fact he was the same person he used to kiss and hold as if his entire world would fall apart if either one let go. "People change, Xiaojun, it's part of life? Doesn't mean the person I met back then is fully gone"

He smiled, holding his tears that, were desperate to come out.