6.

"You can do better than that," Steve said while holding the punching bag. [Y/n] smiled while hitting the bag harder, but Steve didn't move a bit. He was a lot stronger than her. She had read in his file that he got, some kind of, serum in 1941, that made him taller, bigger, and stronger. She knew she couldn't win a fight against him, even though she was stronger than average.

"Come on," he teased, "I can do this all day." He was grinning at her, when she took a steep back, signing it was time to stop.

"I know YOU can do this all day, but us average people get tired a lot faster." She smiled at him and shook her head before taking up her water, taking a sip.

"I was talking to Tony this morning," Steve looked at her, trying to get her full attention. She nodded, telling him to go on. "He thinks you are ready to meet Loki. I know Pierce is breathing in his neck trying to get a move on." She took a deep breath, not knowing whether she was feeling ready or not. But she didn't say it out loud.

"Okay good." Was the only thing she said before sitting down on the floor, trying to catch her breath, hoping he would think it was because of the work out they just did.

"I think you are ready too." He said, a little more quietly. She wondered if he didn't want her to hear that. She looked up at him and he realized that she did hear it. "I thought you were ready the moment you walked into the base." His face was calm and didn't show any emotions. The butterflies came back as quickly as she tried to get them away again. She could feel the warm rising up to her cheeks and she looked away, so he didn't catch her blushing.

"Thanks." She said while biting her lip. She looked up at him again. He came closer to where she was sitting, and sat down, almost, next to her. He didn't say anything, just looked at her. The butterflies were racing in her stomach and she had to talk about something else to get her focus away from them.

"I have to ask," she said, wondering if she was out of line, "how was it? I mean when you woke up and realized you weren't back in 1945?" He looked at her and she could see in his eyes that he was dreaming away, probably thinking back to the war.

"I was confused. I had been frozen for about 65 years, but I still looked the same. Everything around me had changed. There were cellphones. Computers. Electronic files. I was used to have everything on paper. Everyone knew who I was. Everyone knew me as Captain America. Also, everyone I know were dead. Or..." he hesitated and looked down on his hands with a smile. "Almost everyone. I was lucky. I had the chance to love a girl before I was lost. She was amazing. Wonderful. Beautiful. And she was still alive. She is still alive. She told me about her life. Everything she did and accomplished in her career. She told me how she helped start S.H.I.E.L.D.S, and she was so proud. Told me about her children. Told me about how she looked for me for a long time. I got a piece of 1945 back in a world living in 2011, and she really helped me through this whole thing. It was overwhelming." He looked up at her, still smiling. She couldn't help but smile too. It was an amazing memory in a tragic history.

"I'm glad you got her." She said, still smiling. "It must have been hard, not knowing where you were? Still thinking the world was at war?" She couldn't imagine what he had been through.

"It was. Fury helped me a bit. And the team. Nat was amazing. An amazing friend." He smiled, knowing she didn't like Natasha very much. She had a hard time thinking of Natasha as a good friend. "Then I met Sam and we became close very fast. Tony helped too of course, but you know how he is." He laughed a little and looked at her, stopped talking. She bit her lip, looking into those fantastic eyes. Blue with a bit of green in them. It was as time stopped.

"I was stupid back in the war." He whispered. "I took a long time for me to let Peggy know how I felt." His face came closer to hers. Her breathing stopped and her heart skipped a beat. All she could think about was him closer to her. Feeling his lips on hers. But a little voice in the back of her head was yelling. NO! You can't do this! And before she even thought about it herself, she pulled her head away and got up from the floor. Steve looked confused and a little sad at the same time.

"I have to go." Was all she could say before storming out of the gym, heading to her room.

She sat down on her bed, trying to control her breathing. She couldn't control her emotions rightnow, and tears started to fall on her cheeks. She thought on Steve and the lookat his face as she pulled away from him. He looked hurt. But she couldn't let herselffall for him. She would just lose him eventually, like everyone else. She wasbetter at being alone. She wouldn't hurt anyone.