18. Steve's POV

"[Y/n]?" He couldn't believe he was hearing her voice so soon. Was everything alright? Was she in danger? "What do you need?" He looked around, trying to see if Pierce had left some men to spy on them, but he couldn't see anyone. For now, he was in the clear.

"I really want to apologize for leaving like that, but I don't have much time," she was talking fast, and he could hear the wind on the phone. She was on the move. "I need to find my sister, but I have no idea on where to look."

"What do you need me to do?" He asked. He didn't hesitate for one second. If she wanted his help, she would get it. No questions asked.

"Can you ask Tony to see what he can find out about her?" She asked. He looked down. He should have told her about they failed attempt on finding Sia before she got the chance to ask. He took a deep breath.

"Friday have already looked. She couldn't find anything on a Sia [y/l/n]." She didn't say anything, so he continued. "She couldn't find anything on you either. It's like you don't even exist." He could hear that she had stopped walking.

"I suppose they deleted everything when I became an agent and Sia got in a save house?" She said it more like a question. She knew that wasn't the case. "How will I ever be able to find her?" It came out as a whisper. Steve could hear the tears in her voice. He wanted to be next to her. Hug her and say everything will turn out all right.

"Why don't I come help you?" He asked. He knew it would be risky, but he wanted to help her with this. He didn't want her to be alone. She didn't answer. She was silent. "Or maybe that was a bad idea?" He eventually said while looking at the ground. Another minute went by without her saying anything.

"Meet me in Roanoke?" She finally said. He looked up. Virginia? He didn't know what she would find there but he knew he would be there with her.

"See you soon." He said and she hung up the phone. Roanoke was nearly a seven-hour ride. He couldn't take his bike or the plane. He couldn't risk being seen. He went inside. He needed to tell the team he would be gone for a while.

"Rogers, why in such a hurry?" Tony asked when he came inside. Steve looked at him and Tony immediately knew what was going on. "Tell your girlfriend hi from me." He smiled. "And don't wait 65 years to tell her you love her." Steve rolled his eyes but with a smile.

"Not like it was my fault that I was frozen in all these years." He said sarcastically.

"Well. You were the one crashing the plane, weren't you?" Tony raised his eyebrow, looking Steve up and down. Steve sighed.

"Okay. Okay. I get your point." He smiled and took his hand up, signing he was giving up. "I don't know when I will be back." He said looking around the room.

"We will buy you some time. Go get your girl. And don't do anything I wouldn't! Or anything I would do." Tony smiled, before he clapped Steve on the shoulder. Steve returned his smile with a giggle.

"Bye Stark." He said and turned around, towards the garage.

"Leaving without saying goodbye?" Nat's voice made him turn around. She was standing next to one of the cars with her hands crossed.

"Nat," Steve walked towards her. "I know you don't like [y/n], but she needs my help." He was standing right in front of her. Her face showed no emotions. It was one of her best moves. She didn't show anything she didn't want people to see. Finally, she said something.

"Be careful. If she gets you killed, I will kill her myself." A smile was forming in the corner of her lip. He pulled her in to a hug. "You just can't walk away from a fight, can you?" She moved away from him, looking into his eyes. He couldn't tell if it was the light or a tear was forming in her eye.

"I need to help her." He whispered. Nat nodded, but she didn't look very happy. He smiled at her, knowing she only wanted what was best for him. She placed a hand on his cheek, looking into his eyes.

"Please come back to us." She said with a tear falling down her cheek. "I can't lose you too." He nodded, knowing she was referring to Bruce. They lost him after Sokovia, and they had no idea on where he was.

"I will get back to you." He said, pulling himself away from her. He had to get going. He stopped next to the vintage Volkswagen car and looked back at Nat. She hadn't moved. It was like she was frozen. He smiled at her, one last time, before entering the car. He turned on the engine and drove out of the garage. Tony and Nat could fill in the rest of the team. He needed to go find [y/n].

-----

After a long drive, he drove into Virginia. He didn't know whether [y/n] would be there already or not. He drove towards Roanoke and picked up his phone. He was about to call her number, when he remembered that she had been calling him from an unknown number. He couldn't reach her. He didn't know where to meet her. He remembered driving by a motel, right outside Roanoke, so he turned the car around.

He parked the car on the parking lot and walked inside the Skyline Motel. He was wearing a jacket and a cap, hoping no one would recognize him. It was dark outside. He wasn't sure what time it was, but he knew it must have been late.

"What can I do for you sir?" A young girl was standing behind the desk. She had brown hair and kind eyes. He stopped and looked at her. She remined him of someone. Peggy. He tried to shake the shock of him and putted on a smile.

"I need a room." He said and looked down. He didn't want her to look at him. He didn't want anyone to know that he was here.

"Single or double?" She asked with a kind voice. If her voice had been British, then she would be a true copy of Peggy. He smiled at her.

"Single, please." She nodded and typed something on her computer. He gave her some money and he got the key.

"Room 4." She smiled as he walked out. He got inside as his phone rang. He took it immediately.

"Steve?" [Y/n] was soft and low, as she was hiding from something. Or someone.

"[Y/n]? Where are you?" He asked and began to look out the windows, as if she would come up to the door any minute now.

"I'm right outside Roanoke." He felt calm listening to her voice. At least she was safe. For now.

"I am on," he said and looked at the sign from the window, "Skyline Motel. Room 4."

"Good. I'll see you soon." He could hear that she began to put down the phone.

"[Y/n]?" He said quickly, hoping to get her attention.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Be safe."

"I always am." She answered. He could hear a smile in her voice before she hung up the phone.

—-
Author's note:
Thx so much for the 800+ reads! You guys are amazing!

Question: any predictions on what will happen next?