29. Steve's POV

Trigger warning - fighting and death
----

He landed on the ground as Tony flew beside him. He looked around the area. No guards. This was most definitely a trap. The door opened in front of them, but no one came out. Steve looked at Tony who shrugged. He could hear the plane land behind them, and Nat, Clint, Vision, and Wanda come up next to them.

"What's the plan?" Nat asked looking as confused as Steve felt.

"Get [y/n] back. What ever it takes." He said and everyone nodded as about twenty guards walked out the door.

"Well, well, well. Isn't it the mighty Avengers?" One of them laughed. The guards began to shoot at them. Steve took up his shield, covering himself and Nat, who stood next to him, with it. Wanda stopped some of the bullets. Tony began to shoot back at them as Clint fired arrow at them. Nat took out her gun and shot from behind the shield. It didn't take long before the guards fell on the ground, dead. Nat and Steve got up from behind the shield.

"That can't be all," Clint said just before a big explosion went on behind them. They looked back. Their plane had been blown to pieces.

"I used a lot of money on that plane," Tony complained. As their focus was on the plane some began to shoot at them from the back. Steve turned around quickly and threw his shield at the guard with the gun. It hit him in the head before landing on the ground next to the guard. He ran and picked it up just in time as another guard began to attack from behind. He was about to hit Steve in the head when he fell to the ground with an arrow in the back.

"Good thing I don't miss." Clint smiled. Steve nodded before turning around. A big army of guards came out from another door.

"Seriously?" Nat asked with a sigh before she began to shoot at the guards. Steve didn't think twice. He ran towards the guards and began fighting the nearest one. Wanda kept the other ones away from him, as Tony and Vision shoot some down.

"They are too many," Clint complained as he shoot his arrows in every direction. Steve looked back and saw more guards coming from behind them. He wasn't sure that they could take on all of them. He looked around and hit a guard in the head. And then he realized something. The guards were shooting at them. All of them besides him. They were only fighting him and didn't use any guns, which would mean that they wanted him alive. He got a plan. He ran back to Nat, covering her with his shield.

"I have a plan," he told her.

"Now will be a good time to share." Nat said as she shot another guard.

"They aren't shooting at me," he noticed. Nat looked around realizing no one had shot in their direction since he came. "If we are staying close, they won't shoot and then we can take them." Steve said looking at Nat.

"And if you are wrong?" She asked and looked back at Clint who had a hard time firing the arrows quick enough.

"Then we'll die." Steve shrugged. Nat couldn't hold back her laugh.

"Well, let's try then," she said and got up from behind the shield. Steve kept close to her as they ran towards Clint. They got next to him and Steve was right. The shooting at their direction stopped, giving Nat and Clint good time shooting back. Steve hit at the guards that came to close and threw his shield at some of them, catching it in the air when it came back. As the guards thinned out around them, they began to walk towards Wanda. She looked at them as the stopped close to her. Again, the shooting at their direction stopped. Wanda used her powers to throw around the guards, picking on up and throwing him down at the rest of them. Not long after there were no guards left. Steve's breathing was heavy.

"That can be it?" Clint asked. Steve looked at the door as he saw a silhouette in the dark.

"You just had to ask, didn't you?" Tony sighed as they all looked over at the door. Steve felt his heart beat faster as he saw the two women walking into the light. [Y/n] had her arms tied behind her back. Her lip was swollen, and her shirt was ripped apart, barely hiding her bra. Steve fought the urge to run towards her. He recognized the woman behind her. Marie.