8. Steve's POV

Authors note:
I just wanted to thank everyone who vote, read and comments on my story. It means so much. I hope you are enjoying reading the story as much as I enjoy writing it. Xo

----------

The base sounded way to quiet. It was typical Clint to forget something, so they had to drive back. He walked inside wondering where [y/n] was. He walked towards where he saw her last but all he found was her phone, laying on the floor. He picked it up and saw it was inside her voicemail. He tried to leave the voicemail but hit the wrong button. As soon as he hit the button a voice started to talk. He recognized it immediately as Pierce and took the phone closer to his ear.

"[Y/n] I am calling the team in for a meeting, giving you time to talk to Loki without any interruptions. I expect result later tonight." He nearly dropped the phone on the floor before he started running towards the cell where they left Loki. He looked inside and saw [y/n] laying on the floor. Loki was sitting at the bed with a smile on his face.

"What have you done?" Steve yelled. She didn't move and he didn't know whether she was breathing or not. He had to get in there. He didn't think further. He opened the door at the same time he heard Nat yelling: "What are you doing?" He ignored her and went inside, walking towards [y/n].

"Oh, I wouldn't be that close to her if I was you." Loki smiled a big smile, but he didn't move towards the door. He just kept sitting on the bed. Steve ignored what Loki told him and picked up [y/n], caring her in his arms. She was still breathing, but barely. He walked towards the door and Nat opened it as soon as he was close enough. Loki didn't try to escape. He was just sitting with a big smile.

"I see." He said, as soon Steve was out the door. "You love her." Nat closed the door behind him, leaving Loki alone again.

"Stupid girl. I told you she would be the death of us all." Nat was furious. Steve agreed with Nat. She was stupid. It was stupid of her walking into the cell. It was stupid of her trying to talk to Loki alone. Steve carried [y/n] to her room, putting her down on her bed. Natasha was no longer behind him, but he didn't care. All he cared about was for [y/n] to get better. To wake up. He stroked her hair behind her ear, just looking at her face. She looked peaceful lying there.

"Please wake up." He whispered. He could feel the tears filling up his eyes, but he didn't care. He didn't care if the rest of the team saw him like this. All he could think about was her.

"Rogers?" Tony's voice took him out of his trance. He looked up at the door behind him, seeing Tony standing there.

"The meeting was fake. Pierce just wanted [y/n] to get some time alone with Loki. I don't think she wanted to, but she didn't have any choice." He thought of the story she told him, about how she became an agent. They weren't a job for her. They owned her. Tony came closer, sitting down next to Steve, looking at [y/n].

"Do we know what Loki did?" He asked. He didn't touch her nor Steve. He was just looking at her. Thinking about what they were up against.

"No." Steve said, thinking back at Loki in the cell. "He said I shouldn't be so close to her. He didn't try to escape." Steve looked at her face once again. Her eyelash trembled and her eyes began to open. Very slowly. He took her hand in his, holding it tight.

"[Y/n]?" He asked. "Are you okay?" She looked around the room and then down on their hands, before looking at his face. She smiled but it wasn't a happy smile. It was more like an evil smile.

"Captain America." She said with a rusty voice. "And Mr. Iron Man himself." She looked over at Tony. Maybe she had amnesia or maybe she was just confused over how she got here.

"How are you feeling?" Steve tried again. She didn't say anything. He looked over at Tony, who looked worried. He examined her face. Her smile was still as evil as before.

"Who are you?" Tony asked. Steve was confused and looked at Tony with a big question mark in his face.

"Good job Mr. Stark." She said with a smirk. Steve let go of her hand. Who was she? "My name is Astra. I am here to take over your precious [y/n]." She said before kicking Tony in the face. She was quickly on her feet, but so was Steve.

"What have you done with [y/n]?" He demanded to know as he dodged her hitting.

"She is sleeping right now, but I'll let her know you said hi when she wakes up." She had a smug smile, knowing it would upset him.

"Okay I am done with this." Tony said before suiting up. [Y/n], or Astra, turned her focus towards Stark for just a second, but it was enough for Steve to get one good hit in. Even though it wasn't [y/n] it was still her body. She got knocked out and Tony quickly tied her up. Steve picked her up walking to a cell next to Loki. He sat her down on the chair and tied her to it. Astra started coming back to herself, realizing she had been tied up.

"Ouch Cap. This will leave a mark." She said while moving her mouth, trying to figure out how hard he hit her. "Are you going to leave me here? All alone with no toys?" She smirked. Steve didn't answer. Wouldn't give her the satisfaction. "Well, at least I have [y/n] to play with. It really is dark in here. All her memories. All her thoughts. All of her fears." She looked around the room, seeing the rest of the team outside the window. "Why don't I give you a little show on what I truly can do?" She locked her eyes on Steve before turning the white out her eyes. A second went by before a loud scream escaped [y/n]'s mouth.

"[Y/n]!" Steve yelled. He wanted to take her hands, but he wasn't sure if this was a trick or it really was her.

"Steve?" She asked and started crying. She looked down at herself, seeing her being tied up, before another scream slipped out. "Please make it stop." She begged. She looked directly into his eyes. He could see that she relied on him to save her. "It hurts." The scream turned into a laugh. [Y/n] was gone and Astra was back.

"See Cap? I am going to have a lot of fun in here. All alone. I guess it will take you at least a week before you figure out how to get me out of here. Which means I have six days of fun and one day to kill her." She was still smiling. He had a hard time remembering it wasn't [y/n] but it was still her body. He couldn't hurt Astra. Not without hurting [y/n] too.

"I will get you back." He whispered, hoping she could hear him, before he left the room. Nat looked concerned at put a hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

"We will get her back." Thor said, but he didn't look at them. He kept his eyes on his brother. "It's all my fault. If I hadn't brought him down here. I will do anything to get her back." Steve didn't blame Thor, but he couldn't help looking at Loki. He was sitting in his bed with a book in his hand, smirking, knowing they were watching him.

"What do we do?" Nat asked and looked around at everyone. "How can we get her back?" She was the last one Steve would think would be the first one to speak, but he knew it was for his sake and not for her.

"We get him to talk." Thor walked closer to Loki. "We need to know exactly what he did." Steve walked next to Thor and the rest of the team followed. All looking at Loki. And it was exactly what he wanted. He wanted some attention and he wanted to be in charge. Steve started to wonder whether they would make it before Astra had killed [y/n] or not. He looked back at Astra who sat with a smirk before she started screaming again.

They had to hurry.