23. "...He knows she's my wife."

Hiiii. Soooo, I got into medical school (*squeals excitedly*) just like Anastasia in this story anddd 'Daniel Collins and Amelia Sterling' in my latest book "DESTINED TO BE HIS." Please check it out as well. Thank you!

————

(1776 words)

*THE NEXT DAY*

"Alayah created these fake profiles for us. Added modelling as our interest. It should grab attention if they choose to look at our social media profiles." Ariana said to Zayn and Ethan. We all sat in mine and Ethan's bedroom.

"Well, I'm sorry to break it to you both geniuses, but if you recall well, Caleb recognises Anastasia. He knows she's my wife." Ethan said firmly.

I facepalmed myself. I completely forgot about that. "Oops..." Ariana trailed off sheepishly. "But he doesn't know me! I can go. It's best if Ana doesn't go anyway. She's pregnant."

"I don't want you to go alone." I retorted.

"It'll mess up your plan if Caleb sees you." Zayn stated matter-of-factly.

I sighed. "Okay, let's get Ariana ready to go. But I'm coming with you guys."

"Okay." Ethan said. I was glad he didn't protest.

"Are you sure about this, Ariana? Let's send Alayah instead. She's trained for such situations too." Zayn tried to convince her.

"Exactly. Alayah will be able to handle it." Ethan agreed.

"It's already been decided. I'm going. Besides, you guys will literally be outside. Nothing will happen to me." Ariana affirmed.

"I'll help you get ready." I said to her, standing onto my feet and looking at her hesitantly. Suddenly I didn't want her to go either. Not alone.

But we will be watching...

As I helped Ariana into a stylish small off-shouldered, red dress that stopped at her mid thighs and did her make up, Ethan and Zayn drilled a small camera into her black clutch-bag. Then, we fit a tiny camera inside her dress along with a very minute microphone.

"We should give her a gun." Zayn said.

"She'll get caught. The club has tight security. We'll be outside anyway." Ethan responded.

"We have to find out where they take those girls and what they do with them. Follow me carefully, okay?" Ariana said.

"We'll be right behind you." Zayn replied, his eyes holding worry and remaining fixed on Ari.

I bit my lip and gave Ariana's shoulder a squeeze. "Be careful, Ari. And don't drink anything you're offered. Could be spiked." She nodded her head at my words and gave me a small, assuring smile. She was determined on the outside, but I knew inside she was at least a little afraid, too. But I was well aware that she wouldn't back out now.

So there we were, outside Ade's Club, sitting in Zayn's car and once again making sure that Ariana's microphone and camera were intact and working. Everything was visible on the screen up front. Zayn had also attached a tiny GPS tracker to her dress.

We had it all planned. We had everything under control. It didn't seem like anything could go wrong. We would be watching Ari's every movement and hearing everything, and we would also be keeping tabs on her location.

"Please let me follow her in there." I pleaded, my protective instincts kicking in.

"I'll go inside behind her." Zayn spoke up immediately.