40. "You're mine and I'm yours."

(2324 words)

We sat in silence as Ethan drove us to one of our favourite restaurants, the sexual tension between us thick enough to be cut through with a knife. His eyes remained on the road throughout the ride, but I couldn't help but glance his way every now and then, taking in his gorgeous and majestic appearance. The way he looked so delectable and immaculate in his perfectly pressed suit and tie.

I smiled gently to myself, biting my lower lip, taking a brief trip down memory lane, wondering what good deeds had I performed, the reward of which was this glorious and... tantalising. How could this utterly handsome man belong to me? How could I be the owner of his heart; the woman his body, soul and heartbeat belonged to?

"You're literally fucking me with your eyes. Do I look that attractive?" He suddenly broke the ice, a smirk playing at his lips— the lips I loved to feast upon.

I blushed. "I'm innocently admiring how good-looking you are, Ethan, and you're associating that with... inappropriate words."

"Inappropriate words?" One of his eyebrows cocked up almost teasingly, the smirk still resting at his lips.

"Why do you keep teasing me?" I asked shyly, moving my gaze to the window, realising we were almost at our destination.

"Because I love you." The words rolled off his tongue smoothly, as he pulled the car into the parking lot of our favourite restaurant.

My lips stretched into a smile, a comforting warmth spreading throughout me. Every time hearing those words was like hearing them for the first time—they felt special, promising, and made my heart beat like crazy.

Ethan gestured me to keep sitting as he stepped out of the driver's seat to walk around the car and open my door for me. "Thank you." I whispered with a smile, putting my hand in his. His big, warm hand enveloped my small one, helping me out of the car before it sensually snaked around my waist, almost gluing my side to his, as if asserting that I was his and only his—which I very much was.

We walked into the restaurant and were escorted to a table in the middle of the first floor. "Why is it empty?" I murmured in wonder, as the only people to be seen were a couple waiters and the manager, when the place was usually bustling with diners.

"Because I booked it entirely for us." Ethan responded, pulling my chair back to help me in. My mouth hung open slightly as I settled in my chair.

"Why?"

"I wanted to dine with my wife in peace and quiet." He replied, taking his own seat, holding my gaze intensely with his enchanting dark brown eyes. We gazed so intently and passionately at each other that it was then almost impossible for me to hold myself back. If it hadn't been for the waiter pouring us our drinks, I might have lunged at my husband and begged him to take me on that table.

He did mention taking me on a table.

I let Ethan order for both of us. I didn't care much for food at that point anyway. While we waited for our food, I tapped my foot impatiently under the table. Ethan's hand reached out to gently hold mine on the table, squeezing it and giving me one of his charming smiles.

I smiled back before pressing my lips in a straight line. "Ethan... can't we just skip dinner?"

"Why would we do that?"

I bit my lower lip shyly. "I need you between my legs." I confessed.

His lips tugged upward into a lopsided smirk as he leaned his head towards me, dropping his voice to a sensual whisper. "What part of me?"