Playful [Nathaniel💛]

"Thank you so much again, (Y/N)!" Nathaniel squealed, "Sorry if this was too much of a hassle." He sighed, coming back into the car and setting down the bag he had.
I pat my friend on the back "Don't worry about it Nate! I know you'd do the same." I smile up at him.

Despite it being pretty late at night it really wasn't thag big a deal honestly, Nathaniel only wanted me to drive him to a gas station for him to get snacks. His sister apparently ate whatever he had.

He smiles widely at me, his brown eyes just beaming. "(Y/N)! I actually got you something, to say thank you." He rummaged through the bag, taking out and handing me a red slushie that was semi dripping, and bag of white cheddar popcorn setting the bag in my lap.
I grin and take the slushie. "Aww, you didn't have to do that, man." He hugs me from the side. "I know but still. I have to pay you back somehow, I dont have gas money." He chuckled. I roll my eyes, "No, but you had snack money." He sits back in the passenger seat with one of his legs crossed over the other. Already opening a pack of some rainbow candy he got.

"Did you just want me to take you back home or you wanna go somewhere else?" I ask, starting the car and then taking a sip of the slushie.
Nate pauses to think for a moment. Guess he didn't know either. "I'm good, did you wanna do something (Y/N)?" He offers. I think for a moment as well before shrugging. "No, not really." He hums, and I drive out of the parking lot.

----

I pull up to the drive way of Nathaniel's house, and he hugs me one last time before opening the passenger door.
"Thanks for driving me (Y/N)." he smiles. I smile back, "No problem." I say. He pulls out of the hug and stares at me for a couple seconds, his face soft with a small smile. He seems to hesitate something. I give a confused look "Ye-yeah! See you later." he says happily, kissing me on the cheek and darting out the car, practically slamming the door. I sit in surprise and cup my face.

I see him sprint to the house, he slips on the ground and falls though he quickly gets up and scampers to the door, shyly waving out to me and then going back inside.
I laugh at having seen him fall, it making me forget my flustered state for a second. My friend falling playing back in my head keeping me distracted.

----

I make my way back my apartment and get out of my car, taking my slushie and popcorn up the stairs to my place on the 2nd floor.

I open my door, lock it, and head straight for my room. I gently set my drink and bag onto my desk, then flop fave first onto my bed and groan into my pillow. I bolt back up and play back in my mind how Nathaniel kissed me.
I mean it was only the cheek but... Ugh I don't know.

Nathaniels supposed to be moving with me in a few days, after my roommate left. After a couple years he finally got the job and position working as a knight and member of The Council. Full time of course, but at least we would still be close despite his work. Though now I'm feeling kind of nervous about it. After he kissed me.
I'm not backing down with him still moving in. He's practically my best friend.

I hear my home phone ring and get up to answer it.
"Hello?" I speak. "Hey (Y/N)," Nathaniel's voice says shyly. "Um, I'm sorry about that earlier." He apologizes.
I pause, and sigh "It's alright Nathaniel, just- just dont mention it." I feel my cheeks get warm and pinch the bridge of my nose and groan. "If your calling about you still moving in, you are. It's okay." I say best I can sweetly.
"You're still my friend Nate." I smile.

I hear a slight sigh of relief on the other end from Nathaniel. "Okay, cool. Thank you, so much (Y/N)." he says, before hanging up.
I set the phone back in it's stand.