See you [Owen💚]

The first time I ever met him was out in our gardens just outside the wall. The green knight patrolling the outskirts of town.

I'd always wave to him, and he even waved back sometimes too.
I tried my best to build up courage to talk to him, and he seems nice! it honestly surprised me, when I was little I'd probably had thought knights would be stuck up and rude. Haha.
Who woulda thought?

°~*super epic flashback*~°

I wait around at the register in my parents shop, I work in our little grocery store in town.
I fiddle with the ties on my apron waiting for someone to come check out.
I groan, resting my elbows on the counter with my head in my hands. It's a slow day.

A man with paler skin and parted black hair approaches my register, he had brown, almond shaped eyes, very pretty eyes, and a fair face. He wore a light green shirt that just hugged his arms nicely, I blush slightly looking at him.

I stand upright at my register, as he sets down a small basket of fruits and vegetables on my counter.
I smile, "Good day sir! how are you, Did you find everything already today?" I say, going through the bacsket and checking off the prices and ringing it up.

The man smiled kindly at me, "I'm doing good thank you," he smiles, his voice low but gentle, "And what about yourself?" he replies, I smile, "Oh I'm doing alright, I suppose. Slow day." I sigh, "Looks like your total will be $18.95 sir!" I ring up his things, putting them into bags.

He takes out a wad of cash from his wallet handing it to me with a smile, and I return his change.

"Do I know you by any chance?" he asked, I pause for a moment to think, "Oh, Im sure I would've remembered a pretty face like yours-" I blurt out, slapping a hand to my mouth, "N-no I don't think so." I squeak flustered. WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT??
I shyly hand him his bags.

He laughs before reaching to take the items, his thumbs softly brushing over my hands. He smiles, "Maybe not, I'm sure I'd also remember a pretty face like yours." he winks with a nod. I blush, "Th-thank you for coming in sir!" I smile, doing my best to not fluster. The man waves "Have a good day." he smiles, I watch as he makes for the exit of the shop.

I look down go back to messing with my apron, my face heating up awkwardly. You cant just say that out loud to someone, thats creepy-

"Excuse me," A womans voice cuts me off, I look back up to see a woman maybe my age, with a big bag of flour and other ingredients. I think I've seen her around before, the lady at the bakery next door.
"Yes ma'am, I'll be right with you!" I smile, and begin checking her out.

----

Every now and then that same man would come into the store and I'd always be the one checking him out.
We've spoken many times since then and he's always been so kind.

And every day I'd see the green knight out on patrol near my parents farm. It seems like more recently he's been willing to talk to me, but it's not like he talks a whole lot... even if I'm the one talking to him.

-----

"Hi!" I wave out to the knight, today I was only sitting out next to the field just enjoying the sunny weather.
The knight waves back to me.
I happily get up from where I was and wall my way over to the knight. We've been trying to get more accustomed to saying more than just greetings, or even his small waves.

"So good to see you again!" I smile, he nods, "You too." Is all he said, sounding breathy through his helmet.
We stand silent for a moment, I tale one of his hands and cup it in mine, still trying to keep some sort of eye contact through his visor.