Sugar [Dante💜]

Very sorry for delay!! Been busy w life stuff, and other stories-

Thigh fucking, fingers in mouth and edging (kinda)

"Oh no, no, no, no.." I panic, seeing smoke come out from the oven. I hop off from the counter and grab the oven mitts. I open the oven and hurriedly pull out the burnt rocks that should've been cookies.

I set the tray onto the kitchen island, and wallow in my pitty. I'd been trying to get into baking lately. Most of what I wanted to make has worked out okay. Except for when I forget a whole ingredient or two- but that's not the point. Least I tried right?

"Ugh.." I groan, taking a spatula to the cookies and scraping one off. I yelp, as the utensil makes a rip in the parchment paper under it. "You've got to be kidding me." I frown. I don't bother with tasting the batch, and continue sulking.

I hear the front door unlock.

Shit, Dantes home-

I throw the spatula into the sink. "(Y/N)! I'm hoome..." he calls. I frantically turn off the oven. I sit on to the counter, desperately trying to cover my tray behind me. Dante comes into the kitchen.

"Heybabehowwaswork?" I cross my legs, and smile. "It was work," He shrugs. "We we're dissmissed early." Dante leans over trying to see behind me. I lean back.

"Whatcha got there?" Dante asks smugly. "Nothing. Just a tray. An empty one. It's very empty."

"..."

"..."

"You burnt it didn't you?"
"Yeah, I did."

Dante rolls his eyes and walks to get the tray from me. He picks one up and hits it onto the tray. "This is literally just charcoal." he laughs. He takes the cookie to his mouth, not breaking eye contact as he bites into it. It's makes a loud crunch.
Dante feigns a smile as he chews, with one eye twitching.

"You don't have to eat it y'know."

"Yep-" Dante coughs, spitting out the cookie.
Smacking a fist to his chest as he coughs. He grabs a napkin and finishes his fit into it, tossing it in the trash. "Babe. That was fucking awful." He chuckles.

"Wow really I had no idea." I cross my arms.

"Why dont I just.." Dante picks up the tray, peeling the paper off with the burnt "cookies" stuck to it. And dumping it in the trash.
"(Y/N), babe, baby, my sugarplum, apple of my eye," Dante saunters to me, wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me to his side.
"I love you, and, I also love not burned cookies." He holds up a finger. "Sooo, let's bake something together instead." he kisses my cheek.

"So you can make sure I don't burn our house down on accident."
"So I can make sure you don't burn our house down on accident."

We say in sync.

I chuckle, "Fiiine. But I'm still preheating the oven." I retort, "Ohhoo no, not a chance." Dante laughs.

****

"Why don't we just make like, oh I don't know... bread." Dante suggests. I blank face, "Bread? Really?"

"I'm kidding! What do you wanna make babe" Dante slings an arm around my shoulders. "Well I was looking to make some cookies again." I take out my phone and pull up the recipe I had tried to follow from before.