Chapter 5

"So that's it no more karate," Demetri told us while we were studying in the library sitting at a table with each other.

"Yea, I guess so," Miguel said I frowned. "well it's probably for the best, it was starting to boost your guy's confidence," Demitri emphasized to us.

"Well isn't that a good thing, nerd?" I told him. "can we stop with the nickname, and no what has confidence gotten anyone except for a black eye and their backpack in the trash." He told us.

"Well, I thought it was kind of cool how you guys stood up to Kyler." Eli always had a way to comfort us.

"Are you insane, look what is the best superpower to have?" he questioned us. " well super strength," Miguel responded.

"Wrong, invisibility a distant second would be super speed to run away fast," before his words could even come to an end there he was like a vulture watching his prey.

"Runaway from who?" Kyler came from behind and there the boy was saying something to him I felt like I couldn't breathe but I couldn't show my emotions to the boys so I calmed down and breathed.

"Don't worry we're just leaving," Miguel told them. Kyler grabbed Eli by the neck, it pained me to see him like that.

"Oh shit look at this what girl would ever want to kiss this shit," he told Eli as he was pulling his chin up looking at the scars above his lip.

"Cmon Kyler leave him alone and just let him go, " I pulled his arm off of Elis's face.

"Huh, what did you say you two haven't had enough," he winked at me bring me down. He pushed Miguel's face and pushed us all in the direction of the door. and even threw Dimitris's backpack in the trash where yogurt was thrown in. As school was over Miguel and I walked out together the name Miggy was called and they both knew it was his mom.

"Aw Miggy doesn't make mom mad," I joked around.

"haha very funny," we walked towards the car. He got in closing the door, I leaned on the open window.

"Why hello Nicole. I changed my shift so Miguel and I can see that new spiderman movie would you like to come," Carmen Miguel's mom asked me.

"More like to keep me away from cobra kai karate, cmon mom I just want to go home," carmen frowned and I hoped in the back of the car. Miguel and I went to his place and watch hed a movie together, and since carmen didn't feel comfortable until my dad came home she insisted I stayed. Truly I didn't mind they made great food way better than Dad's burnt bologna. later that night there was a knock but we ignored it and let carmen get it. The next day we were back at it, the dojo was open.

---------------------------------

It was a new day and we were training hard with a machine that threw baseballs at us and we had to deflect them. then we had to deal with a chokehold. We practiced like this for days and Miguel and I would go on runs every day until nightfall. We would practice kicks from each other we would block, we would slither like a cobra. Sensei and Miguel were fighting and it was tough but Miguel made it out on the end of that what we thought until sensei clicked a button making the machine throw a baseball. Suddenly a women's voice came from the door, "Hello it's five o'clock twilight is upon us," she was so calm. She pulled a sign from her bag saying "love is here to mistake" quiet cringe and ladies followed and did their yoga.

It was a new day meaning more practice we began right away. "What's the second rule of the fist?" sensei questioned us, "STRIKE HARD!" we said at the same time.

"That's right, there's only one reason to hit someone. to inflict pain striking hard is about giving your all." he circled us as we switched from one punching another to the other. "What the hell, no yoga till five"

"Actually I'm here to learn karate. I saw your website it said there was supposed to be a session today." she corrected him but there was something about her that was familiar. " I appreciate you coming in but there are no girls in cobra kai," I stepped on his toes.

"Dad we need to go in the office he clearly isn't seeing straight," the three of us bowed and then walked to his office, " You do realize I am a girl."

"Well yea you are my daughter," he said

"Sensei you need more students and she a paying customer," she told him "Kids at school make fun of her she needs it."

We went back and forth until we convinced him to let her join. " Okay, take off your shoes and hop on the mat. okay after further review we have allowed female students other than my daughter. but if you want to be in cobra kai you can't act like a girl,"

I stepped on his toes again, " so what am I?"

He ignored her and continued, " not emotional loud and complaint, never letting you finish a sentence. My students tell me you have been harassed by students at school. "

"Yea mostly online, I get texts and emails sent to me, it makes me not want to go. kids tell me to kill myself, I'm ugly," I frowned at her words.

"Omg what a bunch of PUSSIES! back in my day if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face it was honor, respect, these geeks hide behind computers what a bunch of spineless losers." he continued and asked questions.

We fought but sensei made Aisha and Miguel fight first Miguel felt no honor in fighting a girl, or at least Aisha but he was okay with me. Sensei didn't care what Miguel said he made them fight and Miguel kicked her to the ground but Aisha pushed him down to the ground. I couldn't help but clap and giggle. there was a commotion outside and turned out rent was going up.

Later that night we went to the store next to the dojo to get dinner I grabbed a pizza and dad went to go get beer from the fridge. I turned as I heard the door open to see the man that once stood at the dojo I turned to dad to see he was staring at him he gestured me to leave.

"Okay dad I'm gonna go walk home now", I walked out the door.

"Okay, ill be home soon," when I left I could hear them talking but I continued to leave anyway.

Hey guys I hope you are enjoying so far sorry there haven't been too many Nicole and Eli moments but don't worry more are to come in the soon future.🦅

Also, don't forget to vote it really helps support me and I really wanted to thank all of you.🌠