Chapter 13

After the whole party situation, it wasn't fun and games they had to put more work in, more than they ever had to. That week was roughly practicing every day. It was their goal to win all valley.

Miguel was punching the air as they waited for their senses outside of the all valley. " yo Miguel, calm down man. Save some for the tournament."

Miguel looked at Hawk then went back to punching. Aisha nudged hawk, " Hey, don't even bother."

"He has been super Afro ever since the whole Sam thing," Nicole butted in, " I think the whole thing is dumb and who even was the kid I didn't even get a look at him. And I told Miguel to worry about her."

"Where's sensei?" Hawk questioned, " the tournaments gonna start soon."

"I don't know he wasn't at the house when I went to bed," Nicole told them.

"He'll be here," Aisha reassured.

The small boy then said, "I don't know about that."

"What are you talking about dweeb," Nicole said jokingly making his hair all messy.

He fixed up his hair and got all serious, "I saw him at the mini-mall last night. I was buying a carton of milk... when I heard him in the parking lot yelling."

"You want to be his father? Fine!" Bert was walking out of the store with a bag and an inappropriate magazine.
"Now who's pissed," Johnny was passing on his red car.
"Uh, sensei?" He was still close to the store. " everything alright?"

"We're all gonna die, kid! We're all gonna die!"

"...And then he threw the bottle of beer to the ground. That's basically all that happened but.."

"Why didn't you tell us... me sooner?" Nicole asked worried yet embarrassed by her father's actions.

"I don't know. I guess I'm so used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like a big deal." Bert told them.

"Well, we're here, and he's not." Hawk was getting defensive, "so it's officially a big deal. What if something happened to him?"

"Like what?" Bert said.

"I don't know like he drove off a cliff, or bought a gun and blew his brains out," Hawk said

"Sensei would never kill himself that's too pussy if a move."

"What the actual fuck, Hawk!" Nicole was shocked, "that's my dad and this happens all the time no need to jump to such a conclusion. And yea I guess like Aisha said it is pussy but why do y'all think like that."

"Whatever. I mean, we're here." Hawk said looking back as more teams started to arrive, " we're gonna have to do this with our him."

Before Nicole could say anything to defend her dad, " do what without me?"

"Sensei," Aisha grinned.

"We didn't think you were going to show up," Hawk said.

Nicole smiled, " not all of us."

"I might not always win but I never back out of a fight," before he could say anything else Miguel interrupted.

"Let's sign up," Miguel wanted to fight.