Chapter 12

It was later that day, and the Cobra Kais were at the mini-mart getting ready for the party. by getting ready it really was getting snacks and beer with Hawks fake ID. The cobras were trying to act normal by reading magazines or even looking in a random aisle. Hawk was smooth-talking the cashier talking about how he went to the bar and random stuff.

Hawk pointed to Bert saying that was his kid but the cashier still wanted his ID. Hawk hands the man it a little hesitant of the reaction. The cashier was taking his time looking at it until he didn't care and gave hawk back the ID. Hawk turned to the group sticking out his tongue and the rock and roll gesture with his hand. They all went outside and dropped the things and gave everyone a bit of something to carry.

"Hey how about I put the vodka in my backpack just in case," Nicole gestured to hawk handing it to her. she unzipped her black Jansport backpack and put it in the big pocket.

"Yea probably the best idea. don't want to get caught with that," he said hitting her shoulder as she placed the bag on her back. "you still gonna get some Coors banquet from your dad, right?"

"Yea, don't worry," Nicole was a bit annoyed but really just wanted to chill at her house for a bit, "Hey guys see ya at the canyon? I think I'm gonna split and start getting ready for later."

"Oh yea see ya later," Aisha said as they headed in the other direction and Hawk waved.

"Wait Nicole do you mind if I join you," turning around noticing the sad boy she nodded.

They walked a bit before any conversing and just walked not even looking at each other.

Nicole decided to break the silence, " hey I can't help but notice that something is wrong with you. You aren't acting the same."

"Yea... I don't know just sam has been off lately," he looked down at his shoes, "I invited her and called her multiple times and she still hasn't answered."]

"Well, maybe she's not by her phone or something," nearing the block of their apartment, " how about you stop worrying about her and come to my place to get ready. I know I know more of a girls thing to do but you can help me what to wear."

As they arrived at the building and were about to split, "yea you know what why not. ill get dressed and come."

Nicole felt bad for the boy but it was normal to happen, and she was still worrying about Hawk and her. She got in the shower getting ready for the party, she didn't have all day but she did pick out two outfits. When she heard a noise from in her apartment she assumed it was Miguel. "Yo, Miguel I'm in the shower right now but you can wait in my room for now."

He walked past the bathroom and leaned on the door, " okay ill be waiting."

She got out of the shower and went into her room with only a towel on. as she walked toward her closet, "Okay I'm going to try on both outfits and you have to tell me which one is better,"

She walked in the closet and changed into the first outfit, then walked out to show him and she did a little spin, " so what do you think?"

"Yea it's nice," Miguel said and then looked down at his phone.

She walked into the closet, "Okay you have to be honest and not so focused on sam. She will come or she won't come tonight."

Walking out in her second outfit and doing another little twirl.

He took a second to respond, he stared at her looking up and down

He took a second to respond, he stared at her looking up and down. when he looked up at her locking eyes she smiled a little bit, "That one. that's the one."

"Great ok let me get my shoes on," tying the laces of her shoes and grabbing her backpack stuffing some of her dad's beer in the backpack. they left the building realizing no one was able to drive them there, "Looks like bikes with have to subdue."

Nicole and Miguel laughed as they grabbed their old bikes from the back one red, Miguel's, and a dark purple, Nicoles.

~

When they arrived they handed the beer and vodka to Hawk you were playing beer pong with some kids. groups of people started arriving one by one more and more would come. Hawk went to the speaker and blasted music something Nicole would've never listened to. The canyon was super busy and there were a bunch of people partying and dancing. Nicole was next to Aisha as she drank a bit of beer and she was taken aback at the flavor. Then Aisha and Nicole noticed the boy staring at his phone so then we had a mutual look and went by him. They told him n to worry and he ignored it but at this point was truly done and opened a close by cooler to beers and opened it drinking it.

The party had been going on for a while. Nicole realized how much she disliked being there so she went to a rock under a bridge nearby with a beer in hand. When she sat down she saw a friend coming in her direction a bit wobbly.

"You know you look... Burp* ... very very good tonight," Miguel came closer to her almost falling on her.

"Hey I think you should probably go home or something I can ask Aisha to come over," Nicole was done with the party and was even willing to go back home with him but he didn't seem in a good enough state to ride a bike and Aisha was able to really take him home.

"No...No. I want to be here with you. Because sam left me...Burp*.. omg she left me what could she be doing. Do you think she is ignoring me?" Miguel said sitting next to her leaning his head on her shoulder.

"Okay, bud I think Aisha should take you home," walking towards Aisha she handed him Miguel and when she was about to go back to the rock she noticed a familiar blue mohawk.

"Why are you over here by yourself," Hawk questioned and she sat next to him.

"Well, now I'm not by myself, am I? You are here with me," she placed a hand on his thigh.

Before she could regret placing her hand on his thigh he went in. Their lips were touching tongues connecting. She moved her hand up to his hair and he placed his arm around her waist. They heard a commotion coming from behind it was Miguel and Aisha arguing with people.

"Ignore them," he placed his hand on her chin pulling her back in. She moved closer really leaning in.

After along make-out session people had started to leave Miguel, Aisha, and Demetri had all left. Hawk and Nicole made their way up the hill holding one another hand. When she went back up on the hill she noticed both bikes were gone. "Great Aisha must've taken my bike as well. Now i have no way of getting home."

"It's okay I can walk you home, You shouldn't be walking home alone anyway." Hawk was protective of her like that. And of course, she agreed.

When they arrived there they exchanged a hug and a kiss. Hawk was about to walk home to his house, "Wait! why don't you come to stay the night? it's late and I could use some company,"

"Yea, what's the harm," they both headed into the building to Nicole's bed.