Chapter 23

It had been a couple of months fighting the akuma's when Hawkmoth  was facing Ladybug and Chat Noir.

"Why do you want our miraculous so badly, Hawkmoth?" Asked Adrian as Chat.

"To make a wish for my family."

" It doesn't work like that." Exclaimed Ladybug somewhat disgusted by his lack of understanding on how the miraculous works.

"But it can. If you give me your miraculous, I make my wish, and I will return them to you." Hawkmoth objected.

"Sorry, Hawkmoth, but I don't trust you after all the damage that you have caused."

They argued for a while when a scentimonster appeared along with Myura. Her appearance tipped the balance causing Chat to activate cataclysm to destroy it. He was headed over to do just that, and passed by Myura on the way. He was about to use his cataclysm  when Myura tripped him, causing him to fall straight towards Ladybug.

In his mind, everything slowed down, he remembered the last time he had tripped, and he cataclysmed the AI. Ladybug was able to fix it but Ladybug was the one in front of him now, humans don't recover like the AI did, so the only way he could see to stop this was to cataclysm himself.

He locked eyes with Ladybug, for what he thought was the last time, "I love you, Ladybug, take care of our bug noir, and know that I will always love you." And used the cataclysm on himself.

His suit disintegrated, and he reverted back to his human form. Viperion and Spiderman arrived at that moment, watching the tragedy unfold before them.

"Adrien, NOooo!" Screamed Marinette in grief. Hawkmoth looked at Ladybug in shock and if she had been looking at him she would have seen his confused look Adrien? This is Chat Noir, not Adrien. I am doing all of this for Adrien...

As soon as Myura saw it was Adrien she dismissed the scentimonster, but it was too late Adrien was already dead. It was then that Hawkmoths shock showed. The person who he had been fighting this whole time was his son. Now he had to choose between his son and his wife.

As bad a father he had been he did love his son, and he realised that if he didn't resurrect his son, his grandson would suffer. So he released his kwami, picked up his dead sons body, took off the miraculous ring leaving it for Ladybug and said "When you're ready to try, come to my house, I will look after Adrien till then." Turned and left carrying Adrien to his wife's cryochamber.

"I'm sorry Emily, I stuffed up, I can't resurrect you like I promised, our son needs to be resurrected for both his wife's sake and my own. I can't leave our grandchild fatherless." And with that he removed his wife's body and put his sons in.

Emily still had a pulse so Hawkmoth took her to the nearest hospital, de-transformed and had her admitted. All he said was the chamber keeping her alive had failed and now he had to admit her to hospital as a result.

Ladybug picked up Adrien's ring and was unable to move from shock and grief. Hawkmoths words not sinking in at all.

"I'm truly sorry " said Natalie handing her the peacock miraculous "I believe Gabriel would want you to have this too. When you're ready come to the main house. What Gabriel says is true, the reason he was fighting so hard was so that Adrien's mother could be healed from the damage done by this miraculous." And she staggered away holding the rails as she went. Spiderman after watching her stagger away, realised that Myura was extremely sick. He assumed that she was too proud to ask for help, so, he offered her a ride to wherever she had to go. She gratefully accepted and they headed off.

This left a distraught Ladybug and a concerned Viperion by themselves. "I'm here for you Marinette," he whispered holding her shoulder.

"Take me home please," she said, throwing herself at him and wailing, "Spots off."

Tikki, when she reappeared, curled into Marinette's neck, she understood the grief she was going through, every Ladybug she ever had had gone through this at some point in their lives. Knowing this, did not make it any easier to comfort her holder though.

Viperion, on his part, carried Marinette home like a princess, and placed her on her bed before releasing his own transformation.

Luka turned to leave when Marinette took a hold of his arm and begged, "Stay please Luka."

"Ok Marinette, I will stay, but I need to tell Alya what has happened. She looked worried." Luka replied, heading out to do just that.

"Thanks," said Marinette curling into a ball.

Luka went downstairs to Alya to update her on the situation.

"What happened to my girl? And why are you here, where's Adrien?" She demanded all at once. Alya could tell something was wrong, but not what it was.

"Chat Noir died. He chose to kill himself over Marinette. He died trying to defeat a scentimonster." Luka explained sadly.

Alya teared up, "Oh my poor girl, but why are you here?"

"Adrien asked me to be with her awhile ago should something happen to him, and Marinette asked me to stay just now."

"I see," Said Alya looking at him speculatively.

"Excuse me," said Luka before heading back up to Marinette.

Marinette was still lying on her side crying over Adrien's death, totally ignoring what Hawkmoth had told her. She put the two miraculous on her bedside table to deal with later. Luka came into the room, shutting the door behind him out of habit more than anything, saw Marinette curled up and went and lay beside her just hugging her.

Nothing could have prepared him for what happened next, as it was so out of character for Marinette it wasn't funny.

A/N Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter.