Chapter 25

"Marinette slept with Luka" Adrien said bitterly.

"By the power of the miraculous" said Marinette at the same time.

"Ok, wow, good on her!" Said Alya with approval.

Adrien looked at Alya in confusion, "What do you mean, good on her?" Absolutely furious that Alya should think that.

"You didn't see her Adrien," Alya said matter of factly, "Luka and I did. Seriously dude, would you prefer your wife to be a non thinking, crying, blathery mess for months before being able to think enough to listen to what Hawkmoth said, meanwhile your body deteriorated due to being dead?
Or
She do the do and be able to think clearly again with someone who loves her and you enough to let go when you are alive?"

Adrien thought about it, "Ok I get it now, but I am still pissed. I just need time out for a bit." And he went upstairs, packed a bag and left to be with his father for a bit. He didn't even let them know about his mother's funeral - they found out a week later when Spiderman dropped in to find out why there no more akuma attacks anymore.

Gabriel had hung up his miraculous and put it in his safe, thinking that the broach would be safe. He underestimated Felix though. Felix managed to unlock the safe while Adrien was living with his father for a month. Marinette and his son were effectively abandoned by him while he processed her choice.

Even he had to admit that although it was stupid it worked. His father, never being the fatherly type, was a actual father to him in that time. He would tell him how Marinette was at work and that she had lost a lot of weight from worry. He told Adrien that Marinette would ask how he was and show him baby photos of Louis.

Marinette, was grief stricken by Adrien just moving out on her and Luka stayed with her helping her with Louis. He never made love to her again though, as Adrien was now alive, his promise with him was if he was dead.

Alya and Luka noticed about the month mark after he had made love to her that Marinette was sick in the mornings and was having strange cravings again.

"You don't think its possible Alya do you?" He asked Alya one morning, after observing Marinette throw up for about the hundredth time for no particular reason.

"Did you use protection?" Alya shot back.

"Well, no, I wasn't thinking about that." Luka admitted to his error in judgement.

"Well, then it's likely. Damn this is a mess, if she is." Alya said bluntly. "What's Adrien going to do to her? She is already mad with grief."

"I know, I can't do anything about this either, though I can't say I am sad, when I wanted this." Luka looked happy sipping his tea.

Alya looked at him critically then, wondering why he would want this mess. It was too bizarre a thought, so she asked, "You wanted this mess?"

"No I wanted children to Marinette." He clarified the misunderstanding.

"I see, well there's nothing we can do unless we know for sure." Alya said getting up off her chair and walking back to her room.

"Where are you going?" Luka asked, surprised that Alya was suddenly going when she had not finished her coffee.

"Back to my room to get a test," responded Alya, "I keep them in case I get worried that I am."

"Ok," said Luka looking dejected, clearly worried about Marinette and Adrien. He didn't want to be the reason they separated, yet it was looking more and more that way.

"Hey girl" Alya said to Marinette who was playing with Louis.

"Hey Alya, what is up?" Marinette smiled at her best friend.

"I want you to take another test." Alya said holding out a pregnancy test to her friend.

Marinette looked up, and did not take the test from her friends hands, "Why? I haven't had sex in a month."

"Yes, but you did have sex," pointed out Alya.

"Fine then, if it gets you off my case." So Marinette got up, grabbed the test of Alya, and waddled off to the bathroom to take the test.

Alya heard a loud sound which sounded like a crash 2 minutes later, and found Marinette on the floor blacked out holding the test. It was positive.

"Just great!" Thought Alya, "Just Marinette's luck. Will Adrien be able to forgive her for this? Will he even come back?"

She stayed with Marinette until she was sure she was alright, but she went and told Luka anyway. Although Luka was pleased that he was going to be a father, he was also worried for Marinette's mental health and her marriage. He didn't even know where to begin telling Adrien that and it was clear Marinette didn't either.

What they didn't know was Adrien had been processing the incident slowly. He had thought it might be a possibility as he knew that Marinette and he had chosen not to take precautions, and if he was correct Luka would have been to caught up in the moment and wouldn't have thought of it either. The only good thing was he knew Luka was too infatuated with his wife to even want anyone else, so he knew that she was safe from any possible STIs from him.

He had been spying on them the past week, he knew that Luka slept next to her but didn't touch her in anyway, not unless someone else was there. It was more a security thing for Marinette. Luka wasn't there most of the night and he watched his wife thrash around and wake up screaming for him. Luka ran in and comforted her only long enough for her to settle down and return to sleep. Luka let her go and crawled in next to her facing away as far as he could go away. Marinette just slept peacefully then.

His cats ears hearing Luka muttering "When the hell are you returning Adrien? You are being cruel to me and her. I promised you that I wouldn't touch her unless you were dead. You're not frigging dead yet you're leaving me to care for your wife and child. And how the hell are we going to have that conversation if you ever return?"

Adrien wondered what he meant by that. But Luka was right, he needed to start taking responsibility for his wife. It was partly his fault too. He did tell Luka to look after Marinette should he die, and if he was being honest with himself, he would have done exactly the same thing in Luka's shoes. He was being hypocritical by staying away. With that he poled back to his father's home and let him know he was returning back to Marinette tomorrow, whatever might happen. He just hoped that if she was pregnant he would not be stupid enough to leave.

A/N Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter.