Five

It is now the third year of Harry's Azkaban stay. He was currently sulking as he would normally do after his daily lessons. Today in the cold cells of the prison Bellatrix was telling him the theory behind the unforgivable

"I did I'd auntie Bella I did it" Harry shouted while smiling his cheeks were flushed red from the excitement.  He managed to cast a dim ball of light in his palm, something he has waited for. Harry touched the necklace around our neck. Sirius explained to him What each animal meant and who it was.

"So Harry, we thinking if you would like to because a Black" Sirius asked him.

"Yes of course and thank you I will, but how?" Harry asked head tilted slightly in confusion looking at the two inmates. He knew that he was given away, not the reason just that he was sent here.

"Well you would use the cutting charm on your palm of your hand and let it drop in the runes that will be created but the dust and you will say

"I Harry Sirius potter hear by taking the  Black name So mote it be' then it shall be done and you shall be welcomed into the house of black and be rid of the potter name," Bella said. "It will not change the looks, well their eye colour will change, but you need a blood adoption to Change your looks."

Then the runes were being drawn in on the dust by Bella and Barty. Who knew runes could be drawn anywhere even if it is in the dust of an old prison cell. Something the ministry should probably take notice of.

"Right you ready Harry," Sirius asked

"Ready then I will ever be" Harry replied nervously.

Then it happened Harry cut open his palm letting the blood drip down into the runes then spoke

"I Harry Sirius Potter hear by taking the Black name so mote it be" he finished then the pain was taken over his body feeling like knifes being frown at him, feeling like something in him is missing then the feeling stopped he felt whole again

He was now Not Harry Sirius Potter but Harry Sirius Black.

"So how do you feel," Bella asked.

"Different, I think?" Harry just said trying to think of anything that could have changed.

"Hey Harry come over here quick," Sirius asked. Harry walked over. "Your eyes look different. You now have one Grey eye, looking like a true Black.," Sirius Stated.

"Now that is cool" Harry Boasted.

Back at the potter manor, it was Sorrel fourth birthday day now. But this day was different, James woke up with a headache and didn't feel so good. He knew something was off.

"James are you ok you look a little bit pale" lily Exclaimed.

"Well, I think so it is just a headache ensure it will pass," James told his wife.

Though the day it only got worse like something was rejecting him. After the party, Dumbledore came round to look at James.

"Well, James it looks like someone in the house of Potter is splitting from the house or had even passed," Dumbledore told James. Then at that moment, he felt like he was being hit by the torture cure.

"Dumbledore what's happening now," lily said worriedly.

"Looks like the person does not have the potter name anymore," Dumbledor told the couple. Tho he seemed a little calm about it.
As the pain stopped and James got up.

"You ok James" lily asked.

"I'm yes just a bit tired that's all," James told her.

"Well then don't you want to know who split from the house of potter then, or who could have died.," Dumbledore asked

"Of course," they said together.

They were not ready for the sadness that would hit them.

As they made their way over to the family tree. It looks normal for most of it.

"Dumbledore it looks normal," lily said.

"Look closer" Dumbledore pressed.
They looked everywhere in til they stopped at James photo. Underneath James was Sorrel branch And one more but it was completely charred.
They were shocked, to say the least. How the hell can somebody do that from Azkaban.

"Wha-how is that possible" James Gasped.

"Yea how is it" lily was a bit upset, Harry was her first child but she didn't think he would split from the house.

"Well, you see the maybe sharing a cell with people that seemed to love him enough to let him take their surname," Dumbledor told the group. "If it's anyone that wouldn't have a child they could easily want them to carry on their bloodline that way."

"Well is there anything we can do to find out who's name he took," James asked?

"You can't until the sorting day in Hogwarts" then Dumbledor left. Noticing that their first thought was that he had taken the death eaters name and not that he could have died.

"Well, how can they do magic in Azkaban?" Lily asked.

"Well it would seem like the Aurors did not put the Wandless magic bind on him, tho as my guess it's the main theory, he will learn a couple of curses'

Then he left knowing full well who's name Harry took.

"Well then I need to pick up Rel from the Weasleys" then lily left. James actually can believe he forgot his son.

The day he left he promised not to forget he did. James went to the attic to find the old photo of Albus of the one year he had his child.

There were photos of the day they were born to that Halloween day.
"Why did this have to happen," James told himself.

Back in Azkaban Harry was happier than ever. He was finally down with the potters, the ones that abandoned him here.

He was told about Hogwarts. About the best and worst teachers, the house and the subjects. Harry thought that Professor McGonagall was nice and hoped to be in Slytherin or Ravenclaw maybe even Hufflepuff.

He didn't want to go into Gryffindor because that was his former family went. At the age of seven, he was smart for his age, just above average.

They had taught him the Pureblood ways so he wouldn't get bullied by the purebloods there. Bellatrix told him about the Malfoy family and their child and try not to get on their bad side.

Harry listened to all of this, even though he couldn't do potions he was told what would. Harry couldn't wait four years until Hogwarts.