End it all

SENSTIVE TOPICS * SENSITIVE TOPICS * SENSITIVE TOPICS* SENSITIVE TOPICS * SENSITIVE

I woke up with a shudder as a loud whimper came from the room next to mine. I contemplated whether should go see what happened, I'm sure Harry would hate if I came into his room, but at the same time, feelings aside, it was my job to protect him.

I rolled out of bed and slipped on my slippers before walking down the hallway to Harry's bedroom before gently opening the door. I poked my head through the door to see him shaking alarmingly in his bed. I rushed into his room and stroked his hair softly.

"no no please I'm sorry,"  he said over and over again. My heart broke for him slightly.

"potter? potter! you've gotta wake up," I said shaking him gently trying to get him out of his trance, to stop him crying. He shot up suddenly, hugging me automatically grabbing my pyjama shirt in his fist as if he thought he could fall somehow. Hugged me for a minute before moving back with a blank expression and a tear-stained face.

"potter? you ok?" I asked getting increasingly worried by his blank expression.

"I was seven when it happened. When my uncle came back from drinking and burst into my room. I was prepared to take a few blows but what happened was way worse. he tied my hands and legs to a chair," he paused to look at me as silent tears rolled down his cheek.

"you've c*m before right? imagine making you uncle c*m when you were seven, not even know what was happening except the fact I hated it. Your uncle making you choke as he did the thing you shouldn't know about when you were seven years old. imagine screaming but no one could hear you. I was helpless and defenceless as he groped me and touched me when I was seven years old, that's when the nightmares began, that's when I had nowhere to run to,"

he stared at me looking me dead in the eyes.

"Imagine my happiness when I could finally get away to Hogwarts, I could deal with the summer holidays, I could deal with the winter holidays. So imagine my glee when a certain blonde prick came along every day and reminded me about how I was meaningless and had no parents. I then knew that my whole life I would have to deal with it, every minute of every day was a nightmare. At Hogwarts, At home even in my bloody sleep. I couldn't escape. I even started to contemplate to end it all. I'll never show you that tho, I never crack do I? I'm great at pretending my life is amazing. Pretending that I don't want to end it all every single day, I'd bet you like that if I just ended it all, you'd never have to live with my annoying face.  I hate my life, I hate my 'family', I hate my bloody existence and most of all I hate you. I hate you so fucking much Draco Malfoy, it going to take more than a pity party to make me ever forgive you. You act as if you weren't told to save me, you wouldn't know or care otherwise, you could keep living your perfect life.

I watched as tears rolled down his face silently before he slid back into his cover facing away from me.

"You can leave now Malfoy," he said bringing me back down to earth. I stood up walking toward the door. Placed my hand the knob before pausing.

"I am sorry that happened to you Potter that shouldn't happen to anyone, And I understand exactly why you hate me. I mean I would loathe me too, but if you hate it so much when people assume your life is perfect, did you ever stop to think whether mine was really that perfect?" I quietly slipped out of his room and shut the door.

HARRY'S POV

I waited for him to close the door detecting a muffled sob from outside of my door before rolling onto my back. I never really stopped to think whether Malfoy's life was as great as everyone painted it out. I felt a bit stupid really looking back on the past day, Malfoy did really make an effort to be nice to me, and even if I do hate him it would be unfair to be a prick without him being a prick first.

I sighed at my new discovery

I guess I could give him a chance.