Kiss and forget

2 months later

It was funny how much could change in 2 months. I guess it turns out I didn't hate Malfoy as much as I used to.

"Potter, you want to go on a walk?" Draco asked walking out dressed in a beanie and puffy Tommy Hilfiger coat.

"sure," I smiled before going into my room and putting on my jacket and a bobble hat. Being forced to live with Malfoy wasn't bad. Looking back on it now I was being totally unfair to him seeing as I blamed him for everything even when he tried to change.

Watched as he put on his FILA, Draco did have really good fashion sense he looked good in everything it a good thing he bought my clothes and organised my outfits, otherwise, I don't think it would go down so well. I quickly stuffed my feet into my black and white vans before following Draco out of his apartment.

I loved where Draco's apartment was located, there was a beautiful forest right next to it. We had gone on walks there many times.

We walk into the forest, the further we went the more and more I felt like I was walking into a paradise of trees the long trunk stretching up towards the sky the green leaves creating a whole new sky the sun peeking out through gaps making the floor of the forest had golden spots.

DRACO'S POV

"Malfoy, can we go to the lake please?" harry asked tugging my arm slightly pointing in the direction of the lake.

"sure," I said looking at him and smiling, even if he wasn't mine I was close to him and thas enough, just seeing him happy is enough,

"Last one there is a stinky poo," he yelled as he ran off in the direction of the lake.

"very mature Potter," but at the same time I wasn't going to be a stinky poo

before running as fas as I can try to catch up to the golden boy.

"ha looks like you lost," he said before gazing over the lake with a smug look on his face

"I guess I did," but at least I won you, I said in my head joining him by the lake.

The lake appeared as if by magic as we crested the ridge. It was in teardrop-silver in colour and it was shaped like a perfectly flat disc of metal. No sound rang out from the shimmering emptiness of space around it. Monastery quiet, it was lined with pine trees and the whiff of mint wafted up to us. We decided to make our way to its decanter clear shore. The idyllic scene took our breath away. Unruffled by wind or rain, it was vault still and restful. The only sounds were the bumbling of bees and the heavy echo of a raven crawking.
Out on the lake, flopping trout were slapping the surface. I was hoping to catch one of the squadrons of flies that buzzed about. The heaven-leaking light added a golden tint to the face of the lake and it was paradise.

I looked over a harry who looked at peace,

"isn't I beauti- AGH,"

I grabbed on to harry stopping him from falling back into the lake. Our faces were dangerously close, he gazed at me with big eyes the green in his eyes similar to the leaves of the forest. I couldn't control myself. I leaned in a kissed him, I should have done then. I pulled away quickly kind of scared to open my eyes, I was afraid I've ruined all the progress we've made over the past months, I slowly opened my eyes only to see his distressed face.

"I -I mean were just teen who could control their hormones, I won't think about this, it fine, really fine, just don't, I mean I don't care it means nothing right, we can forget all about this and continue the way we were?" Harry spluttered before carefully moving away from the edge of the lake and turning around

"let's go home," he said waiting for me to catch up with him.

how could I have been so careless and stupid, I fucked everything up like I always do. I make it awkward between us. He probably hates me again, heck he not even gay or bi for that fact, I cursed my stupidity and followed him back home.

the whole walk home the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.We both sat on the sofa awkwardly not looking at one anotherand shifting every minute or so.

"Malfoy?" Harry said after 10 minutes

"yes?" I was scared of what he might say how was I meant to reply

"do you like me? as in like-like me?"

"i- I -," this wasn't how I pictured how I would confess to him.

"it's fine if you do Malfoy," he said looking at me

"I do I really do,"

"well, I'm really sorry, but I don't like you back, you're a great guy and I'm sure someone would date you someday, just not me," he said dragging his words out guilt woven between the lines.

"it fine, I mean why would you feel the same any way you'd don't even like me that much,"

"Malfoy, I didn'- please don't be upset,"

"it's fine, I'm fine," I didn't need him to worry about me, I wasn't fine but I will be one day

I stood up slowly but as I did harry grabbed my wrist

"Please, I didn't mean to hurt you wouldn't it be worse if I lead you on?" he said looking up at me sadly

"it's fine Potter, I had to get over it at some point," I walked into my room closing the door finally sliding down the door and breaking down. I didn't know what I thought would happen, could I just have been truly content with getting along with him. Now I may have potentially ruined our friendship forever, all because I couldn't help myself.